Car Junker - SandBoxGame(Some Progress Made)

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
GameDude

Car Junker - SandBoxGame(Some Progress Made)

Post by GameDude »

Car Junker is a game a friend and I came up with last summer. The game would be similar to GTA, but it would be more of a GTA meets Flatout kinda of game. Relying on more of car destruction. Right now I really have is a basic framework and am writing a custom physics engine for it. It is still in very early development, however I need some help. Here's what I need below. Although the game will rely heavily on car destruction, there will also be the crime setting and the presence of the freeroam type of game. Also, if this project gets off the ground, then there may be pay

A couple of 3D Modelers, those that can model cars, wrecked cars, landscapes, cities, buildings, Also that they can model people. etc.

A extra programmer, to help take off the workload some.

Here's some features of the game or features that I want to incorporate.

-Real-Time Car Damage
-Real-Time Weather
-Real-Time Time System
-Advanced Animations
-A "living breathing" city
-Day & Night & Dusk & Dawn cycle
-Traffic Lights & Lamposts that correspond to the time & weather
-Interaction with the pedestrians or make it life like as possible
-able to toggle head-lights on/off
-able to toggle blinker on/off
-Traffic System
-Advanced or Good AI system
-Able to climb ladders, pole and other climbable objects
-able to shoot from objects with a single handed weapon
-real-time reflections through side-view and rear-view mirrors
-vehicle customization
-player customization
-have allies help you out on some missions
-a realsitic fighting system
-also if the car is a stick, you will be able to shift it
-very good animations such as seeing the player shift and a lot of other things
-More to come later

That's all I have for now. If your interested then please post below. I know that is a lot for a game and I know the Irrlicht is powerful, but it can lag behind especially with everything I wanna do, but I'm sure there some things I could do to speed it up and whatnot. Plus the next version of the Irrlicht look's very promising.

EDIT: I now have made some progress as I have fixed my errors I was having with my editor, there is still a lot of work to be done, however. I hope to have some screens up soon.
Last edited by GameDude on Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zigma

Post by Zigma »

Hi

any progress ?
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

No, to tell you the truth I didn't even start on it when I saw no replies until now. If you'd like to help if you good in the graphics department then I'd start on it. Maybe now this thread will get some acitivty.
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

GameDude, I shouldn't have to tell you this is the Project Announcement forum, for things that are already started and probably have made some good progress. This makes what you just said very silly.
ShadowMapping for Irrlicht!: Get it here
Need help? Come on the IRC!: #irrlicht on irc://irc.freenode.net
JP

Post by JP »

Quite a few people post in here asking for help on projects they may not have fully started. GameDude clearly 'started' on the project from the amount he wrote about it, he's planned out various aspects of it but just not started on the development (more to a project than dev!). So i think it's ok for him to announce his project here, whether it's started or not it's still a project ;)
Image Image Image
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

I have everything planned and I could code most of it or all of it, I just need help with graphics, I've tried, and wings, I'm just not good at modeling. Also, any other ideas or help towards the game would be nice
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

cool project. Though you will need a huge amount of artwork, even if low poly..
Finally making games again!
http://www.konekogames.com
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

Yes, I was looking for some modelers. I know I am having someone help me out, but a couple modelers would be nice.
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

Yeah I guess its fine :P Graphics are hard to come by... :?

For graphics help. places like Irrlicht and GameDev is probably not going to help you much, I suggest looking more on artist forums maybe on Blender forums or Deviant Art I'm not sure (There are also many started up projects that have too many artists and few modellers, you can nip a few from there :lol: ) ...
ShadowMapping for Irrlicht!: Get it here
Need help? Come on the IRC!: #irrlicht on irc://irc.freenode.net
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

part of the problem is an artist usually doesnt get into a it as is not sure an indy project will ever get finished...I did for nothing several meshes for this reason...

also, they may get frightened for the amount of work to do for a hobby which destiny they don't control....

about artists, yup, but surely not devianart, for ur project, but maybe blenderartists.org , tho imo is some more percentage interested in hi res movies...And not so many experienced in game art.

maybe at of-topic section.

I could help in every project here, but I need the time and energy for my own project$... if money was in a healthier amount in the bank, I wouldnt mind...
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

Well if this project gets off the ground then I'd sell it. I'll try those sites
JP

Post by JP »

turbosquid.com is always good for getting free models, and you can pay for better ones too if you've got the cash!
Image Image Image
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

just a reminder...whoever is eager to pay...am eager to do models. ;)
GameDude

Post by GameDude »

I can pay, I just don't have the money right now, if you would like to start you can. You'd be getting some of the money that the game made off of.