irrCommunity

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki

Will you?

Yes!
58%
No.
42%

Total votes: 31

Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

wildrj wrote:hmm id be more then willing to host projects only thing id have to worry about is going over my current space limit(250gb and my bandwith limit 2.5tb) id end up having to put ads just in case i go over *god i ahte ads* meh ill think about it... lol how does irrhost.com sound?
irrhost would be great. but who willing to get one? it's not free. (except you like ads)
wildrj

Post by wildrj »

what do you mean who is going to get one? the domain? thats about 8 dollars a year im still debating how id pull it off without my host going ZOMFG WTF hmm
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

Are you using free hosting or something. I personally don't like free hosting because it has many limitations and always not promising. And for paid hosting, who gonna pay for it? And is it promising? Will the web gone down after few months? There are a lot to consider about.

Oh yeah. Is it possible to use niko's irrlicht3d.org or ambiera.com? They sound cool. And why don't put the main irrlicht site under irrlicht.org or ambiera.com?
wildrj

Post by wildrj »

i pay for my host so no worries there. and no it wont be down in 3 months i play yearly for it so no worries...im always up for helping the irrlicht communite.
interceptor

Post by interceptor »

its a tie! 13/13

but to be honest i wouldn't use it, the forum is more than enough for me to interact with everyone..
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

We could just use the Irrlicht wiki and have a section for completed projects then..
ShadowMapping for Irrlicht!: Get it here
Need help? Come on the IRC!: #irrlicht on irc://irc.freenode.net
Cardinal4

Post by Cardinal4 »

I'm for the Irrlicht wiki, cause it'll be much easier to locate and find those pages [of completed projects] if they were on the Irrlicht wiki, not to mention editing them.
Sketches of a rambling mind
Still a long way on learning Irrlicht...