New GUI skin [update: new skins, support for 1.5/1.6]

Post those lines of code you feel like sharing or find what you require for your project here; or simply use them as tutorials.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

No, it's an edit box and a window, but still some strong hint :wink:
Cleves

Post by Cleves »

1.4 seems to have screwed some stuff.
I'm getting this:
1>------ Build started: Project: Old West, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>Main.cpp
1>c:\documents and settings\cleves\my documents\visual studio 2005\projects\old west\old west\main.cpp(156) : error C2259: 'irr::gui::CImageGUISkin' : cannot instantiate abstract class
1> due to following members:
1> 'irr::video::SColor irr::gui::IGUISkin::getColor(irr::gui::EGUI_DEFAULT_COLOR) const' : is abstract
1> c:\program files\irrlicht\irrlicht-1.4\include\iguiskin.h(332) : see declaration of 'irr::gui::IGUISkin::getColor'
1> 'irr::s32 irr::gui::IGUISkin::getSize(irr::gui::EGUI_DEFAULT_SIZE) const' : is abstract
1> c:\program files\irrlicht\irrlicht-1.4\include\iguiskin.h(338) : see declaration of 'irr::gui::IGUISkin::getSize'
1> 'const wchar_t *irr::gui::IGUISkin::getDefaultText(irr::gui::EGUI_DEFAULT_TEXT) const' : is abstract
1> c:\program files\irrlicht\irrlicht-1.4\include\iguiskin.h(343) : see declaration of 'irr::gui::IGUISkin::getDefaultText'
1> 'irr::gui::IGUIFont *irr::gui::IGUISkin::getFont(irr::gui::EGUI_DEFAULT_FONT) const' : is abstract
1> c:\program files\irrlicht\irrlicht-1.4\include\iguiskin.h(354) : see declaration of 'irr::gui::IGUISkin::getFont'
1> 'irr::gui::IGUISpriteBank *irr::gui::IGUISkin::getSpriteBank(void) const' : is abstract
1> c:\program files\irrlicht\irrlicht-1.4\include\iguiskin.h(360) : see declaration of 'irr::gui::IGUISkin::getSpriteBank'
1> 'irr::u32 irr::gui::IGUISkin::getIcon(irr::gui::EGUI_DEFAULT_ICON) const' : is abstract
1> c:\program files\irrlicht\irrlicht-1.4\include\iguiskin.h(367) : see declaration of 'irr::gui::IGUISkin::getIcon'
1> 'void irr::gui::IGUISkin::draw2DRectangle(irr::gui::IGUIElement *,const irr::video::SColor &,const irr::core::rect<T> &,const irr::core::rect<T> *)' : is abstract
1> with
1> [
1> T=irr::s32
1> ]
1> c:\program files\irrlicht\irrlicht-1.4\include\iguiskin.h(503) : see declaration of 'irr::gui::IGUISkin::draw2DRectangle'
Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Yes, you have to change several methods to adjust to the new method signatures. Many methods are const now, or use const parameters. Moreover, many s32 were changed to u32 in case the negative numbers did not make sense.
Cleves

Post by Cleves »

Thanks. I hope an updated version of this lib will come cause I'm not sure how to fix it all.
Klasker

Post by Klasker »

Updated to work with Irrlicht 1.4. Download.
TheMiss

Post by TheMiss »

Thanks for quick update!
Cleves

Post by Cleves »

Thanks a lot mate. :P
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

Wow that was quick. :P
Namek Kural

Post by Namek Kural »

It's cool but the demo application looks like that for me:

What's the problem? I didn't change the code that's exactly the application that comes with the skin for irrlicht 1.4 :(
joshcryer

Post by joshcryer »

Namek Kural wrote:It's cool but the demo application looks like that for me:

What's the problem? I didn't change the code that's exactly the application that comes with the skin for irrlicht 1.4 :(
Same here.
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

What video cards do you guys have? As this happens to me on my ATI 200M. I think it has screwy non-power-of-two support.
ShadowMapping for Irrlicht!: Get it here
Need help? Come on the IRC!: #irrlicht on irc://irc.freenode.net
Namek Kural

Post by Namek Kural »

As the screenshot tells I have a GeForce FX 5700 from Leadtek
joshcryer

Post by joshcryer »

I use a Radeon Mobility 9000/9100.
SwitchCase

Post by SwitchCase »

I think your right BlindSide... I have the same problem. My video card is an old crappy geforce mx440 and doesnt support npot.
Klasker

Post by Klasker »

I thought Irrlicht would resize npot textures if the video card does not support it. But does that affect how the coordinates in draw2DImage are placed? It looks like that's the problem.