Directx 10/10.1 Support?

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
jonnys

Directx 10/10.1 Support?

Post by jonnys »

Will DirectX(3D) 10/10.1 be supported anytime soon? Not like its really important...but it would be cool if we could fool around with next gen stuff. Also I am aware of the fact that supporting D3D 10 may/will cause portability issues, but it could still be implemented in a way that it is only available under Windows, Right?

Also does Irrlicht support OpenGL 2.1 and not just 2.0, because that could mean that shader model 4 things like, geometry shaders could be implemented into irrlicht to bring shader model 4 stuff to Linux etc?
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

Welcome to the community :)

Dx10 wont be supported I guess until there will be Dx11 :lol:
You can always check IrrSpintz for Irrlicht with Dx10 support (and more).
Dev State: Abandoned (For now..)
Requirements Analysis Doc: ~87%
UML: ~0.5%
Dorth

Post by Dorth »

Please MasterGod. Both the creator of IrrSpintz and the current devs of Irrlicht say IrrSpintz, while a descendant of Irrlicht, is no longer based of it. The more it goes and the more they are different, not using either's one code. So stop spreading they are still related. Also, IrrSpintz is called Daemon or something like that I think now, so call it by it's right name.
rogerborg
Admin

Post by rogerborg »

Please upload candidate patches to the tracker.
Need help now? IRC to #irrlicht on irc.freenode.net
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
sio2
Competition winner

Post by sio2 »

Dorth wrote:IrrSpintz, while a descendant of Irrlicht, is no longer based of it.
I converted Nomad's Bullet demo from Irrlicht to the last stable version of IrrSpintz last week. The API's are almost identical.
Dorth wrote: The more it goes and the more they are different, not using either's one code. So stop spreading they are still related. Also, IrrSpintz is called Daemon or something like that I think now, so call it by it's right name.
IrrSpintz is still very related (see above). Spintz has stopped development on it and switched to another engine - the new 3Demon engine still very much uses the Irrlicht API.