Does Irrlich can load quake 3 basic entities

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
darkchono

Does Irrlich can load quake 3 basic entities

Post by darkchono »

I i just like to know if irrlicht loads basic entities (info player start misc_model(tell the engine via map to load a 3d mesh))
i know the the entity light works fine i also know other entities that work thx
dingo

Post by dingo »

Afaik the light "entity" is not being loaded it is just that the lights in your scene are used as input when the map is compiled to generate the light map. The light maps are just "baked on" ie not interactive.

Also ajaik the entities are not loaded in any way yet - there was talk of someone creating a class but I don't think anyrthing came of it.

I myself will create one if need be after my exams that I'm in the middle of now. BTW it is really easy to get the info from the file.

If you don't want to wait and do it yourself then goto www.gametutorials.com and follow the BSP tutorials there.

Hint: the entities are ctored as one massive char* array in the file so you pull it out then manipulate the one big string
-= Want your C code to control real life robots? www.users.on.net/~symes =-
r2d2

Post by r2d2 »

I started a md3 Entity loader that pulls all the info but it's not complete yet because you should have a complete md3 loader working for all the meshes that are stored in that bsp file