VisualEditor 1.0-1.4

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

Thanks a lot for the answer! :D

You were right, it was a problem with Izarc being unable to uncompress the volume files. I tried uncompressing it with 7zip and it worked perfect.

I'm also very glad to see you again, and I hope to be able to do some testing with the editor to see if I run into any bugs, hehhee, ;). I'm very glad to see it can save .irr files as well.

I understand how difficult it is to keep a project alive, specially when developing it in your free time, but you're showing great results and progress so keep up the good work!

regards,
Alvaro
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

I guess you're already aware of this, but here it is anyway ;)
Clicking both on the "ScaleSceneNodeAnimator" and "examplePluginSceneNode" buttons make it crash with a memory access error:

I'm going to check the tutorials on your site now. Is it possible to orbit the view?

regards,
Alvaro
etcaptor

Post by etcaptor »

Strange, I newer got such an error.
Under what version of windows this error appears?
ImageImage
Site development -Rock and metal online
--- etcaptor.com ------freenetlife.com
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

Windows XP pro SP2, sorry for the late reply ;)
wildrj

Post by wildrj »

hey captor im liking were this is going :) if you need a real host id gladly host you. there is no bandwidth limit so you wont have to worry about the site going down. if your intrested pm me,im me or email me....

wild [at] inbox [dot] com << email
wildrj13 @ yahoo & aim << im
etcaptor

Post by etcaptor »

Alvaro, XP SP2 is my development platform too. I tested ScaleAnimator on home and Office PC, but can't obtain this error. In pre version you must select any scene node and then you can apply animator to this node. But in next subversions /I suppose that you downloaded such a version/ there is checking for selected node and I have not an idea why this error appears.
Thanks for feedback and if you suggest any additional bugs write me and I will try to improve ti in the next version.

@wildrj, files are hosting on freebeb7 and site on 110mb.com Indeed often freeweb servers are down. I have not problems with 110mb, but file size limit on 110mb was about 7 MB, by this reason freeweb7 was used for file storage.

I still not get any paid hosting because cannot choose appropriate. I have two RIA projects on development and probably will need ISAPI hosting or even VPS, but will decide it after tests when these stuffs are finished..
So, thanks for your help and if you have this possibility it is a good idea.
ImageImage
Site development -Rock and metal online
--- etcaptor.com ------freenetlife.com
FlyingIsFun1217

Post by FlyingIsFun1217 »

etcaptor wrote: Indeed often freeweb servers are down. I have not problems with 110mb, but file size limit on 110mb was about 7 MB, by this reason freeweb7 was used for file storage.
After their last server upgrade, I've noticed my site always loads, and pretty fast too.

The limit on FW7 is still only 10MB though, so you might think of using some other service.

FlyingIsFun1217