irrAI 0.50 - AI module for Irrlicht [Updated 28/11/09]

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
JP

Post by JP »

Yeah i think you're right about the FOV not always reacting correctly... i'll look into it, tbh the code for that isn't 100% finished as it doesn't do occlusion checks to make sure there's no walls blocking the view to the enemy.
Image Image Image
JP

Post by JP »

Right chaps, new bit of IrrAI released. I've made a WaypointLinker which is an expansion of the Mesh Viewer example to deal with creating and linking together waypoints. It works a lot better than my initial IrrEdit attempts and is much more safer and straighforward!

Check the original post for info and a download link, please do give it a go and let me know how you get on, i really appreciate your feedback so i can make it work as well as possible!
Image Image Image
Muhaha

Post by Muhaha »

Hello,
I have tried to use WaypointLinker,
whe i open city_scene.irr i haven't any problem,
whe i have tried to open big_fps_scene.irr, fps_scene.irr, rpg_scene.irr, the program has crashed.
JP

Post by JP »

Ahhh, thanks for pointing that out. I should think i've made some important changes to those .irr files so that they match up with the new internal workings of waypoints and the scene so here's the updated .irr files:

http://rapidshare.com/files/119784863/U ... s.zip.html

Just overwrite your old ones with those and it should be fine. I'll have a look at the code and see if i can prevent the crash from happening and put up an error instead.
Image Image Image
Muhaha

Post by Muhaha »

now all .irr are fixed, ty.

But now i have another error, i have tried to compile with Dev-Cpp the 4 examples.
The compile is done without issues, but the binaries crash at startup. With yours binaries i have no errors
JP

Post by JP »

Hmm... that's strange... Are you using Irrlicht 1.3.1 or another version? IrrAI only works with 1.3.1 at the moment, though i'll get round to updating it to 1.4 soon, i swear :lol: Maybe for version 0.4 of IrrAI i'll make it Irrlicht 1.4... no promises though heh
Image Image Image
Muhaha

Post by Muhaha »

yes i use 1.3.1.
backtrace say the program crash at line 206 of main.cpp

Code: Select all

smgr->loadScene("G:/Develop/irrAI_v0.3/Media/rpg_scene.irr");
JP

Post by JP »

Ahh yes... well.. bit of a compatability problem here.. :lol:

For the examples you'll have to use the old .irr files but for the waypoint linker you'll have to use the new .irr files... nice eh? :lol:

Obviously this is just because the waypoint linker uses a newer version of IrrAI than the examples and in the newer versions the .irr files have to be structured differently, sorry for the inconvenience there!
Image Image Image
Muhaha

Post by Muhaha »

no, i have executed bin with old and with new .irr, same issue XD
JP

Post by JP »

orly?

but then it's smgr->loadScene which is crashing (apparently) so that shouldn't really be anything to do with my code i imagine...

can you try recompiling IrrAI and make sure the example is completely recompiled too (clean then compile or just rebuild).... that could cause some problems, i think i've found that causes some strange errors when i've switched between my work and home PCs and parts of the projects have been compiled on a different PC.
Image Image Image
Muhaha

Post by Muhaha »

great XD

recompiling IrrAI solve the problem

thank you very much!
JP

Post by JP »

No problem! Thanks for spotting the problems so i could warn others!

tbh i think dev-cpp may not be such a good IDE as i used to think... I keep getting issues with developing a library and apps using that library which i haven't come across in MSVC but then i've not done exactly the same things in MSVC so the problems could be apparent there as well....
Image Image Image
doqkhanh

Post by doqkhanh »

Hi JP, since I use tiled terrain scene node, is there any way to use your AI library?
JP

Post by JP »

Of course... the only requirement is that you use Irrlicht i guess ;)

(though i have a vague plan to detach it from irrlicht at some point in the future so that it can be used with anything but i don't know if i'll actually get to that point)
Image Image Image
pera

Post by pera »

... source file (10MB) cant be downloaded from mediafire.com is there another link?

thanks.