Text in 3D Space

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
DarkWood_Neo

Text in 3D Space

Post by DarkWood_Neo »

Hello,

currently I'm working on a Program that displays 3D Graphs. Hence I'm trying to figure out a way to place Text (Labels) on the nodes of the graph. At the moment I get the best results by rendering the text to a texture which is again applied to a 3d rectangle mesh.
But this way seems to be a bit over-the-top and isn't supported by all Graphic Cards.
Has anyone a good Idea, how to draw Text in the 3D Space in an other way. The methods offered by the engine are not sufficient due to the bad quality of the drawn text....
JP

Post by JP »

textSceneNodes are too poor quality? You could try coding your own version to improve their quality, but i don't see what's wrong with their quality...

another alternative could be to get the screen coordinates of the 3D point you want the text at and then using IGUIStaticText, which would basically achieve the same thing as a text scene node i guess but might give you more control.
Image Image Image