Thank You IRRLICHT!

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
peacerosetx

Thank You IRRLICHT!

Post by peacerosetx »

I just want to say thank you to everyone at IRRLICHT. I have worked with many engines and have not been able to get simple things to work (my inability of course). However, moments ago I was able to load one mesh and then call another method for a second mesh. it worked :lol:

I am very thankful to all of you who answer in the forums, I hope to learn so that I can be of use one day too. God bless. Remeber you are all loved.

Peace.
Last edited by peacerosetx on Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
___Trusting in the Lord
Halifax

Post by Halifax »

Cool, but do people ever read the sub-forum names?
TheQuestion = 2B || !2B
Auradrummer

Post by Auradrummer »

peacerosetx: A simpler name would be nice :mrgreen: !

I know what you're feeling. I felt this same too. Hope you keep with Irrlicht. I'm not crew member, I'm only one more adventurer, but I'm sure you chose a very good engine for your project, independent what it are. :wink:
Professional Software Developer and Amateur Game Designer ;-)
peacerosetx

Post by peacerosetx »

Nice to greet you Halifax, I am not sure what the "sub-forum names" are but in looking through the forums I see how helpful you are to others keep up the good work it is appreciated :wink:
sub-forum names?

Auradrummer nice to meet another adventurer. Irrlicht is very clean, its impressive
___Trusting in the Lord
arras

Post by arras »

By sub forum names he mean for example Beginners Help, Advanced Help, Code Snippets and so on. As you do not ask for anything here, your post do not fit to Beginners Help but rather to Open Discussion. Read those comments under sub forum names (like: "Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine" under Open Discussion) to keep with forum structure. That helps people to orientate themself around and give/get help.
peacerosetx

Post by peacerosetx »

arras You are correct. I apologize for the mis-placement of my post. :roll: I would request to have this post moved to Open Discussion (however this may be done at this point in time)

Thank you. Peace.
___Trusting in the Lord
Halifax

Post by Halifax »

Hmm, yes, sorry to get off on the wrong foot with you. I do know what your feeling as well, it is what I felt at first.
TheQuestion = 2B || !2B
peacerosetx

Post by peacerosetx »

Halifax thank you for your :) last response I felt glad
___Trusting in the Lord
peacerosetx

Post by peacerosetx »

Well, I am back and I have to say thank you Again***to IRRLICHT. :lol:

This time for their marvelous IRREdit program that can be used with the Irrlicht Engine as you are aware. The thing is I have tried for some time to load a b3d file directly into IRRLICHT and problems galore(of course it must be me). Now with this wonderful IRREdit program I simply import the mesh from 3D World Studio and then after its loaded into IRREdit, it is simply exported into the IRRLICHT Engine. Talk about great one stop shopping.

So I will give as a gift what I give best my bible verse of the day to Irrlicht and all those who help on these wonderful forums!

Inspirational Bible Quotes: 15
Rise up; this matter is in your hands. We will support you, so take courage and do it."
Ezra 10:4
___Trusting in the Lord
JP

Post by JP »

OK, here's a quote from the bible of JP:
Programming is kewl :)
Image Image Image
peacerosetx

Post by peacerosetx »

I just wanted to thank JP and dlangev, and by thread reference Vitek for their assistance in helping me with the resolution of the loading of an irr file from irrEdit. They were both consistent in their help, and as a present here is my Bible quote of the day for them and all: :D
Inspirational Bible Verses: 12

But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. "Do not fear what they fear ; do not be frightened."
Take Courage

1 Peter 3:14
___Trusting in the Lord
SwitchCase

Post by SwitchCase »

I loved reading this thread more than any thread that came before it.

JP, where can I get a copy of your bible? I see a cult in the making.
piiichan

Post by piiichan »

Hi guys. Can I join in the fun? This thread is just hilarious, I love it. Please keep it alive!!! :lol:
peacerosetx

Post by peacerosetx »

Well I must say today I truly feel blessed again, and want to thank the Irrlicht community, particularly Arras today. I was completely dumbfounded for a very long time (too embarrassed to say how long) to figure out why my gui buttons were hidden behind the mesh in the FPS view. I tried looking at the compass example, so many examples, then he clearly pointed out in this very informative thread that it is in the call for device.
scene and gui are rendered in order you specify

Well Arras has really helped us out. Here is the link
http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2 ... vered+gui

So this Bible quote of the day is for Arras and all you warriors of good out there...

“For all of them were trying to frighten us, thinking, "They will become discouraged with the work and it will not be done." But now, O God, strengthen my hands.” (Nehemiah 6:9 )

And to SwitchCase, here is a quote for you God loves you:

“And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.” (James 1:4 )
And piiichan here is a quote for you, welcome aboard! God loves you too…
“He has regarded the prayer of the destitute
And has not despised their prayer.” (Psalm 102:17)

Peace.
___Trusting in the Lord
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

Hey! I don't remember giving all these blessing, but I'm gonna start cursing now :twisted: !!!

MasterGod For( ;; ) !!!
Dev State: Abandoned (For now..)
Requirements Analysis Doc: ~87%
UML: ~0.5%