Irrlicht Beginner Manual

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
dejai

Irrlicht Beginner Manual

Post by dejai »

I am the founder of the Irrlicht Beginners Manual and it disappoints me to see the recent lack of participation in the development of the manual. I understand that anyone who is using the Irrlicht engine is probably much more interested in their own project, or the technical side of the engine just as I am myself. Yet contribution to the forums is highly active, and to extend our knowledge into an ordered fashion, next time you answer a question on the forum no matter how simple it may seem, post it under the FAQ chapter in the Irrlicht Beginners Manual or consider contributing to the manual itself if the answer is relevant to a chapter.

I hope I can spur a new interest in the open manual and promote a healthy Irrlicht community. Thanks for your time.

You can find the document at :
http://www.irrlicht3d.org/wiki/index.p ... ichtManual

P.S: People who back up the document are also greatly appreciated. If you can't add anything, backing up the document would be great!
Programming Blog: http://www.uberwolf.com
torleif

Post by torleif »

Code: Select all

PmWiki can't process your request

?invalid page name

We are sorry for any inconvenience.
The actual URL
Yustme

Post by Yustme »

Hi,

That looks great. I'll definitely contribute to the manual.

Probably how to use a physics engine with irrlicht :D
rogerborg
Admin

Post by rogerborg »

Nobody who should read it before asking their Beginner's questions reads it before asking their Beginner's question.

I'm open to being convinced of its utility, using pragmatic arguments.
Please upload candidate patches to the tracker.
Need help now? IRC to #irrlicht on irc.freenode.net
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
thatax

Post by thatax »

dont understeand
Eigen
Competition winner

Post by Eigen »

I like the idea of a beginner's manual, but I agree with rogerborg. It's just like the sticky FAQ topic at top of the forum .. they are there, but nobody reads it and still posts a topic already covered in there. Perhaps upon registering, in order to create your account you have to answer a simple question finding the answer in the manual/FAQ. Then it would show the user where to find answers yourself before posting topics. Just my two cents.
Chet

Post by Chet »

Being one of those odd birds that tries to read and follow instructions (at least to start with) I was really happy to find this manual and with the few fumbles you might expect from somebody not used to any of the tools I got close to getting things running. I am using (or trying to use) DevC++ and got a good compile of the program (hello world) but can't run it. The system can't find the dll - I have used both methods mentioned to define the path (put dll in system and add the /bin to the path) I am using win xp. Any suggestions? And thanks for a great manual.

EDIT: nvm I found the problem, operator error of course. :)
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

Nice to hear though I reallllllly recommend you switching to VC9-EE (or full if you have the money).
Dev State: Abandoned (For now..)
Requirements Analysis Doc: ~87%
UML: ~0.5%