Nice FX skin shader

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
Def5

Nice FX skin shader

Post by Def5 »

I found a very good FX skin shader on this site:
http://www.jistyles.com/main.php?id=doc&page=hlsl
FuzzYspo0N

Post by FuzzYspo0N »

wow, very cool shaders i must say. one of the better skin shaders iv seen
psychophoniac

Post by psychophoniac »

wow, looks good.
i'm impressed by the close shot images, they look pretty good.
i love skateboarding!
Def5

Post by Def5 »

I´m dissapointed it wasn´t written in GLSL. :(
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

Nice shaders... interesting... Hey, according to what i've seen, from HLSL to GLSL there is not much difference. I couldn't write a shader in GLSL, but if you understand what is being done in each moment, it should not be hard to make one on your own which made the same.
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
Def5

Post by Def5 »

I am not very familiar with shaders (either GLSL or HLSL). Syntax of shaders is pretty confused to me so I don´t have any interest in writing shaders but about this shader I am very interested so I will try to convert it to GLSL code and provide Irrlicht example application using this shader.
fmx

Post by fmx »

you might have an easier time converting to CG, its got a similar syntax to HLSL.

IMO, Irrlicht should maybe be able to support CG natively in the future too, considering how much potential CG has to so simplify shader support when dealing with both OGL and DX drivers.
(Nadro's project is good too, but to make it available by default might be handy).

Its a great skin-shader BTW, thanks for the link :)