Project Ninja Star - help wanted - ported to windows on 26th

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Dorth

Post by Dorth »

Well, just another tip then:
c++ coder or programmer, not scripter, because c++ is compiled, not interpreted. You want to be a lead designer? Learn the language of each of the necessary groups, else you'll be lost in the reports and status.

Also, go read IGDA's forums. Seriously, trying to enter this industry with anything else than a humble attitude and/or a kick-ass (many kick-ass) project(s) is nothing short of a career suicide.
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

I'm using ubuntu since 7.10 AND I NEVER HAD TO REINSTALL UBUNTU. I upgraded from 7.10 and then to 8.04 and then 8.10 VIA INTERNET I WOULD LIKE TO SEE WINDOWS do that.
er...3 year at my job (and because I entered there 3 years ago... )
No problem at all, no renistall, not a single issue. But I KNOW how to use windows.

So you don't want windows noobs. Lol. I can handle linux (console and/or graphically) perfectly (been isntalling and using it since floppy disk times, slackwares, etc... ) Yet tho my OS of choice is windows. A pitty may yo do then graphics generated by code: is not that there are not good artists out there linux-only, it is that you will loose a huge number of them that prefer and use Mac and Win...

Heck, anyway I don't have the time for anything free...just I found it funny...

Rogerborg, there should be an online depot for some of your sentences... hehe
Finally making games again!
http://www.konekogames.com
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

well Dorth, i came to realise what you just said.
but for now OpenGL is my challenge, i need to learn it.
i stopped for two days cause Tom asked me to write him a virus for his GAY dad. I did it in C++ cause i couldnt be fucked to play around with assembler. I told him to put it on his dad's commy with a rather n00by technique. Which is to put it in Start-up section of the start menu --> all programs because i had no time to make an feature of making the program start itself up on OS startup inside the code. But one way or the other it will cause the desired effect of declaring an array that takes up 4GB and interfere with other programs' memory.
geckoman

Post by geckoman »

You know that is AGAINST LAW?

Anyway why do you tell us? This is not the right place for ...."that"
I think this Thread should be closed.
Dark_Kilauea

Post by Dark_Kilauea »

i stopped for two days cause Tom asked me to write him a virus for his GAY dad. I did it in C++ cause i couldnt be fucked to play around with assembler. I told him to put it on his dad's commy with a rather n00by technique. Which is to put it in Start-up section of the start menu --> all programs because i had no time to make an feature of making the program start itself up on OS startup inside the code. But one way or the other it will cause the desired effect of declaring an array that takes up 4GB and interfere with other programs' memory.
Sorry... this still doesn't make you a hacker (or a good programmer for that matter). Glad you could figure that much out though.
rogerborg wrote:Every time someone learns to use a debugger, an angel gets their wings.
wyrmmage

Post by wyrmmage »

devsh wrote: i stopped for two days cause Tom asked me to write him a virus for his GAY dad
bwahahahahahah! Two days!?!?!?

I couldn't stop laughing after reading this :lol:
Worlds at War (Current Project) - http://www.awkward-games.com
Ganadu'r, The Eternal Sage (Other Current Project) - http://rpg.naget.com
fukuda

Post by fukuda »

Yes Microsoft is EVIL cause you made money out of people's problems and M$ is making those problems by making a shitty OS.
Good grief! Microsoft is an evil organization that plans to rule the world! :lol:
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

Quote:

Sorry... this still doesn't make you a hacker (or a good programmer for that matter). Glad you could figure that much out though.
I guess you should shut up by now Dark_Kilauea. Did i say i was a hacker... NOPE. Killauea ur talking pure poop, so it would be better for you to shut up.
stefbuet
Competition winner

Post by stefbuet »

Oh, please, devsh, don't stop! :D

But :
i will certainly stop posting, at least untill 2010 when Ninja Star will be known among other free games such as Nexuiz or America's Army.
2010? You're an optimistic guy! You should maybe add 5 years minimum ;)
P.S. Windows sucks, their security was an after thought. And without UNIX you wouldn't have C or C++. That means no irrlicht.
Right... :P :D

Thank again! :)
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

thank you soo much god... finally joystick support built into irricht
rogerborg
Admin

Post by rogerborg »

Did God submit a patch for that? Dammit, if I'd known that, I wouldn't have implemented it myself. :(
Please upload candidate patches to the tracker.
Need help now? IRC to #irrlicht on irc.freenode.net
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Dorth

Post by Dorth »

Maybe he's revering you?
cdrwolfe

Post by cdrwolfe »

If GOD is a Scotsman I'am glad I'am an atheist :).

Regards Wolfe
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

As i would like to say i'm not another kiddie-wants-to-learn-programming. I have officially finished with irrklang learning and reading their forums for tips and tricks i might find useful.

Code: Select all

#include <stdio.h>
#include <iostream>
// music playing for ninja star
#include <irrKlang.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <cstdlib>
#include <conio.h>
#pragma comment(lib, "irrKlang.lib") // link with irrKlang.dll
//start the engine globally 
irrklang::ISoundEngine* enginesound = irrklang::createIrrKlangDevice();
irrklang::ISoundSource* track[44] = { (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/are you dead yet?.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/atwa.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/banned from heaven.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/bastards of bodom.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/bedrazor.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/blooddrunk.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/breaking the habit.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/burn the eye.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/byob.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/chinese democracy.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/cigaro.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/crawling.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/deer dance.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/downfall.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/everytime i die.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/faint.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/flight to the dream.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/from the inside.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/gently caress the system.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/heavy metal is my law.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/hellbounds.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/in the end.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/in your face.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/living dead beat.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/next in line.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/nothing else matters.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/numb.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/one day you will cry.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/one step closer.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/open your eyes.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/papercut.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/punch me i bleed.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/questions.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/raining blood.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/requirem.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/roadkill.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/runaway.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/shut me up.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/smile pretty for the devil.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/somwhere i belong.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/storm.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/the unforgiven.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/tie my rope.mp3")),
                                    (enginesound->addSoundSourceFromFile("./Game Data/trashed lost & strungout.mp3")) };
irrklang::ISound* music;
int track_count = 43;
bool changing=false;
void sSSER (irrklang::ISound* sound);
class MusicEndedReceiver : public irrklang::ISoundStopEventReceiver {
   public:
      virtual void OnSoundStopped (irrklang::ISound* sound, irrklang::E_STOP_EVENT_CAUSE ESEC_SOUND_FINISHED_PLAYING, void* userData) {
         if (changing==false) {
            if ((track_count<43)&&(track_count>=0))
               track_count++;
            else if (track_count==43)
               track_count=0;
            sound = enginesound->play2D(track[track_count], false, false, true);
            sSSER (sound);
         }
      }
};

void change_track(irrklang::ISound* sound, irrklang::ISoundEngine* engine, MusicEndedReceiver* musstop, int tracknumber, int & track_c) {
   if ((tracknumber<44)&&(tracknumber>=0)) {
      changing=true;
      engine->removeSoundSource(track[track_c]);
      sound = engine->play2D(track[tracknumber], false, false, true);
      track_c = tracknumber;
      sound->setSoundStopEventReceiver(musstop);
      changing=false;
   }
   else
      std::cout <<"DUDE: are trying to give my a segmentation error!?"<< std::endl <<"There are only 44 songs, accessed by an array counted from 0."<< std::endl <<"So track numbers are from 0 to 43."<< std::endl; 
}
MusicEndedReceiver* musicstopped;
void sSSER (irrklang::ISound* sound) {
   sound->setSoundStopEventReceiver(musicstopped);
}

float Music_Volume=1.00;

int main(int argc, const char** argv)
{
   // start the sound engine with default parameters
   if (!enginesound)
      return 0; // error starting up the engine
   music = enginesound->play2D(track[track_count], false, false, true);
   musicstopped = new MusicEndedReceiver();
   if (music)
      music->setVolume(Music_Volume);
      music->setSoundStopEventReceiver(musicstopped);
   std::cout << "Project Ninja Star" << std::endl << "NO copyright - Blooddrunk Studios;" << std::endl << "Type a track number: ";
   int number;
   std::cin >> number;
   change_track(music, enginesound, musicstopped, number, track_count);
   std::cout << "Project Ninja Star" << std::endl << "NO copyright - Blooddrunk Studios;" << std::endl << "Type 'a' to end: ";
   for(char letter='b'; letter!='a';) {
      std::cin >> letter;
   }
// some of the poop below is here to prevent segmentation fault
   changing=true; // to fool the class - to make it not respond to the next line
   enginesound->removeSoundSource(track[track_count]); // clear the pointer
   delete musicstopped; // clear up the memory
   music->drop();
   enginesound->drop(); // delete engine
   return 0;
}
Hehe im using this as my music player right now. I will be implementing phisics but right now im trying to make a decent sky.

I'm trying to think of a way to implement VoIP into the game. I got quite a cool one that the sounds should only be sent to people within a resonable hearing distance (based on irrklang) and then at different bitrates depending on the distance. Basically the person further away get a crappier quality. This idea is soo prone to modding that i could make phone boxes within the game and let players call out to someone on the FreeSWITCH network or summink.
Flash

WOW....

Post by Flash »

Hey,

I'm Flash I'm 12 and i think your stupid.

remember the first rule that you learn with C++,C,Java,Python,Action script

Never try to make a game OK start when you have have good skills in reading & writing code for C++(C++ is the most used now i miss QuakeC)

when you first start off its better to stick to console apps and then upgrade to GUI apps

I'm on that but Irrlicht is easy-to-use even to a complete newbie at this.

Thats why he can write code for irrlicht apps

I'm Hopeing That IRRHK is going to be released it will be Leet.

Anyway

I would like to write some code for you im a kid i have all the time in the world "thats why they say its good to be a kid :wink:"

See yea
Dorth=3 dollars
vermeer=10 dollars
wyrmmage=Price Less !

:D

,Flash