Make 3D MAP. From Blender to IrrEdit.

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
kaito

Make 3D MAP. From Blender to IrrEdit.

Post by kaito »

This is my first post on the forum.

Greetings to the forum.

Sorry, for my english. I am using the google translator to write this message.

I have made several 3D maps of the Iberian peninsula in Blender. Here are the .blend:
http://www.speedyshare.com/196430954.html

I have also done a draft where I've explained the process, if someone is interested (It is written in spanish, but has many pictures): http://perso.orange.es/tomas_cg75/Archivo2.pdf

The mesh is generated 1922 polygons, which is not much, although the 'script' used allows you to increase the number much.

When exported to the model .OBJ or .3DS to view it from 'IrrEdit', the texture is not displayed, only the mesh. I do not know why and I wanted to ask if anyone knows any solution.

Naturally, I put the texture and file in the same folder.

Thank you, very much.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Probably because the texture coords are not exported.
Frank Dodd

Post by Frank Dodd »

I tried this and I did not have a problem with it.

I tested both: -
Peninsula_Iberica_1_32.blend
Peninsula_Iberica_3Alpha_32.blend

I used Blender 2.48 to export the .obj file using the 'Wavefront .obj' option and the default settings. This resulted in a .obj file and a .mtl file.

Then from the texture pane for one and the image button bar for another I unpacked the bitmap file which I then moved to the same directory as the .obj file.

I then opened IrrEdit 1.4.2 and used the menu option file->import->static mesh. Loaded in the peninsula.obj file and it looked correct with the texture applied immediately.
kaito

Post by kaito »

Thanks for your help.

The files 'Peninsula_Iberica_1_32.blend' and 'Peninsula_Iberica_3Alpha_32.blend', it's fine.

But, the file 'Peninsula_Iberica_2_32.blend' does not work on 'IrrEdit', because the space inside the texture name ('mapa fisico2.bmp').

I've changed the texture name to 'mapafisico2.bmp' (all together), and I've repeated the UNWRAP, exported to .OBJ, and it's ok.

Greetings