Irrlicht.dll not found (MVSC++ 2008)

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Post Reply
miroslav_karpis
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:12 am

Irrlicht.dll not found (MVSC++ 2008)

Post by miroslav_karpis »

Hi All,
I feel very bad to ask this question but when I enter the code from the 'Hallo world' tutorial I'm getting 'This application has failed to start because Irrlicht.dll was not found.'

I have tried to do everything correctly but still.

Point is that when I open the Hallo World example project - that runs without problem. I'm missing something :(

pls. can you help me with that?
radical-dev
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:54 pm
Location: Wickede, Germany

Post by radical-dev »

Hi !

You need the Irrlicht.dll found at bin/Win32-VisualStudio to be copied into your application working-directory (e.g. Solutiondir/Debug).

Adjust your working-directory under project properties->debugging.
miroslav_karpis
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:12 am

Post by miroslav_karpis »

MANT thanks..... :wink:
Post Reply