Hi All, I'm new at Irrlicht but experienced with Blender. I would like to make a small cockpit real time simulator. I would like to do the basic modelling in Blender and then export it Irrlicht. There I would like to make real-time shadows add functionality to objects (in the imported model).
Please do you know that is the best type of import for irrlicht? I have more objects in the Blender file and the same I would like to keep - for example buttons, etc..
Thnks
small cockpit flight simulator
-
rogerborg
- Admin
- Posts: 3590
- Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:36 am
- Location: Scotland - gonnae no slag aff mah Engleesh
- Contact:
It's no fun to move thread if someone predicts it. 
Hopefully you'll get more help here.
Hopefully you'll get more help here.
Please upload candidate patches to the tracker.
Need help now? IRC to #irrlicht on irc.freenode.net
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Need help now? IRC to #irrlicht on irc.freenode.net
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Hello. For FightersTW, my simulator, I use .obj files. They never give me many problems, and they are all fixable if they do.
Also, I have made a mouse-clicking demo of the Irrlicht engine, which I plan to use for 3d clickable cockpits in my simulator, using .obj cockpit and individual arrays of buttons, along with the events and individual booleans that trigger an event, such as gear toggle, master arm switch, landing lights, volume control, canopy raise/lower button, radar control system, MFD display system, dial controls, HUD settings, RWR settings, etc.
If you need any help with this, let me know.
Also, I have made a mouse-clicking demo of the Irrlicht engine, which I plan to use for 3d clickable cockpits in my simulator, using .obj cockpit and individual arrays of buttons, along with the events and individual booleans that trigger an event, such as gear toggle, master arm switch, landing lights, volume control, canopy raise/lower button, radar control system, MFD display system, dial controls, HUD settings, RWR settings, etc.
If you need any help with this, let me know.

