Fan box and blogs - inspired by this forum

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
powerpop

Fan box and blogs - inspired by this forum

Post by powerpop »

Hi everyone -

As I participated in Irrlicht developing a game framework and working on the Tokamak library I realized how many people are working on related projects - also how many people have nuggets of information that get buried in the forums. So people end up making a website of their own if they can. Or they post often to update the forum threads. The owner of the site can't create a blog for everyone and support it.

So I decided to try to make something that could be added to sites like this and make a home for these projects. I also wanted to make a kind of "fan" base for a dev site or blog.

You can check out what I made at http://www.ping.net

Its a free service - you just add a line of html to your page to add a Fanroll (a box with fan pictures) to your site or blog. People can sign up, add personal information, a picture - and then they get a blog area of their own that is attached to your site. They can post news, questions, jobs, etc.

There is a lot more I want to add - i want to add testimonials for sites and people - i want to add a larger photo area - i also want to expose the look of each page so it can be customized.

But if you are interested take a look and then email me with ideas/bugs/comments - thanks

-powerpop (aka creator of the Tokamak/Irrlicht lib)