A little help with some input...

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Handle

A little help with some input...

Post by Handle »

I've added the inbuilt FPS camera to my application but also want to have input from other keys effect various other aspects of the game (mainly for testing debug stuff at the moment)

I create an object based upon the IEventReceiver class but this stops the movement for the camera from working.

Do I have to manually move the camera myself if I have created my own event receiver or is there something stupid I am/am not doing!?

Cheers
Saguman

Post by Saguman »

I had a similiar bug, because my other event receivers OnEvent function returned true when keys, that moved camera, were pressed. This caused Irrlicht to think, that key presses were already processed and cameras eventReceiver never received the key events or something like that...
thesmileman

Post by thesmileman »

You are probibly handling all input in the event handler instead of letting the FPS camera get the events that you are not using. There was a recent post explaining what another person was doing wrong that seems to be the same as yours.