Chaos Gate - Blue glowing effect

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
Ein

Chaos Gate - Blue glowing effect

Post by Ein »

How would I create this blue glowing effect from the chaos gate (from the anime .hack//SIGN) an example of what I am looking for Youtube Cliky and an image, the effect I am looking for is the blue glow inside the round spinning circule in the background of the video.

I would also be interested in the teleportation effect, any thoughts on how to create that effect would be welcome aswell
Ein knowledge seeker
Pyritie

Post by Pyritie »

for the glowing, just make a simple texture and then make it additive or whatever irrlicht calls it these days
Hive Workshop | deviantART

I've moved to Ogre.
Ein

Post by Ein »

I don't knwo what you mean, do you mean that I should create a texture and then apply some sort of effect such as blure or cloud. If so how would I go about doing that?
Ein knowledge seeker
FuzzYspo0N

Post by FuzzYspo0N »

well the mesh for that (say its a simple square plane) can have a texture right? when you set the material type to EMT_TRANSPARENT_ALPHA it allows you to specify seethrough textures, like PNG , or tga etc... then when you apply it, the image will map onto the mesh "as the texture" shows...so it can look like clouds.

The other thing mentioned was additive... this is the blend mode of the rendering of that mesh, and when it renders it adds the colors making it seem "bright" like that, glowing almost...

Shaders are also an option... or creating your own material renderer to tweak blend modes and stuff.
JP

Post by JP »

For the teleportation you could look at this
Image Image Image