Need a web place to store your Irrlicht project?

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
saigumi

Need a web place to store your Irrlicht project?

Post by saigumi »

I figure that I have a spare domain, so may as well put it to use and remove some of my agitations.

What I'm offering is a no-cost webspace + blog system for any Irrlicht-based project. See the site for details.

The reason that I'm doing this is to make it easier for teams to put up content on their Irrlicht projects as well as lower the amount of horrible Tripod banner ads and "this image can not be directly linked to" crud that I have to deal with. (Sorry, Cleves)

Since I know that a good portion of us are using Irrlicht for smaller projects, the resources should be enough. Also, this can give the community a central core and a step up to knowledge sharing and such. =)

http://www.eve-corp.com

Send me a Personal Message here (You know, the button on the top of the page that says "You have no new messages.", you can send messages in there) or mail me at saigumiATsaigumi.net (AT = @). It's easier for me to read the Personal Messages here when I am at work.
Last edited by saigumi on Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crud, how do I do this again?
Cleves

Post by Cleves »

Your offer is super great! it will solve a lot annyoing thing with my website!
Thanks m8
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Wow! That's extremely nice of you. Very cool! Hm, would you like to let me post your cool offer as news on irrlicht.sf.net? If I do so, maybe you'll get 100 mails of people wanting webspace, so it's your choice ;)
saigumi

Post by saigumi »

Niko, that's fine. Like I said, resources most likely won't be a problem.

Cleves, just make a name for your site and message me it. I'll let you know when it's online and what your password is.
joi

Post by joi »

thanks for the webspace! many ppl will sure use that, including myself!
hooray for your idea. :D
------------
one more lie
cyberbobjr

Post by cyberbobjr »

Hi,
Thanks you Saigumi, maybe i'll use your services :)
saigumi

Post by saigumi »

I've updated the main site to add links to the projects on the site, plus I've added links to all of the Helper libraries listed in my other thread.

I'll also try to keep a running news log of projects, postings on this forum, and such. So I compel you to bookmark the site.

http://eve-corp.com/
saigumi

Post by saigumi »

This is an addition to answer some questions and make it easier to get a webspace.

. There is no screening process. You ask, you get. You game could be a small Whack-A-Mole, I don't care. :) The only thing I do frown on is games that blatently violate trademark and copyright laws. Game makers are owned by mega-companies and they do love to sue. Ask the makers of the Dragon Ball Z, Star Wars, or Starship Troopers Mods for different engines... Raptor was close (and I love the original game), but I let it slide because it is more of an homage to an abandonware game than an attention-getter by using popular characters.

. I can add extra authors, mailboxes and unlock features as an incentive to donate. indianbeard's inability to send a donation to eve-corp.com gave me the idea that any donation is good enough. He's donating to the Red Cross or United Way. :) Other suggestions for donations would be:

Get Niko a wheel-mouse (I'm already planning on it, I just have no address or way to send it to him.)
Post a good tutorial

. I'm currently trying out some MoveableType plugins. The one being used by a few of us is 'Gallery' which auto-magically generates a picture gallery from files in a directory. Any suggestions for plugins needed will most likely be responded with "I'll install that right away."

. I'm also testing web project tracking. These would give similiar functionality to the SourceForge project pages such as bug tracking, planning, project assigning, task lists, etc... I have two top contenders that I'm getting the feel for as my three requirements are "lack of bugs", "easy of use" and "ease of deployment to multiple projects". This is why I like MoveableType. I can add a new project in two clicks. If you know anything better, let me know.

. You can upload your own HTML pages and bypass Moveable Types log entries. The only reason I'm limiting direct FTP is because I am only allowed 10 FTP accounts.

. I've found more ways to change mail settings and read your mail via a webpage. I will post the information on Eve-corp.com when I get home.

. There are now 7 projects hosted, only half have links on the main page as the others don't have posts or any other content currently.

Alrighty, back to the fun.
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

saigumi wrote:Get Niko a wheel-mouse (I'm already planning on it, I just have no address or way to send it to him.)
*lol* Very good idea! :)
But its not necessary now, yesterday I've bought a new one. And I bought a completely new computer also, with a better gfx adapter. OpenGL now runs on it perfectly, and from now on, there's no reason why DT_OPENGL will not have the same cool features as DT_DIRECTX8.