Augmented reality editor. For PC and Mobile device (PDA).

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Dragonazul

Augmented reality editor. For PC and Mobile device (PDA).

Post by Dragonazul »

Hi all,

Finally I get my Project work¡¡

Project: Editor for augmented reality scenes that allow to visualize the creates scenes in a PC and into a mobile device (Only in some Windows Mobile devices)

You can see a video here, all is created with Irrlicht:
http://www.itclimasd.org/Virtual-Realit ... d-Reality/

Here you can have some images:

The editor allow to load object, assign textures to the object, insert 3D Text and import a irr scene. With all this a scene can be create, then you can add an “augmented reality marker” (A marker with Id or any marker). All you put under this mark into the Hierarchy tree will be visible when you publish the scene and this marker is visible.

Exactly the same scene is exporter to PC and PDA, you only need to copy the files that the application generate.
If you want visualize more than one scene, you edit an XML simple file that set the order in witch the steps (scenes) created are visualized. In fact this editor is should be a tool for create maintenance guides.

There has been a tons of problems on the development of the project an a lot of them has been solved thanks to this forum. Still there are a lot of work for improve this 1.0 version of the application: object manipulation, complete change the gui interface, improve one function of the PDA that dismiss the performance…

Thanks to:
  • Veylon for the Treeview Contrl
    JP for the File Selector Dialog
    Christianclavet for the CGridSceneNode
Special thanks to:
Rendermania wich Mirrlicht version from PocketPC has been used.

I hope you like the project!!
shadowslair

Post by shadowslair »

Yeah, I like it. Just wondering if this could be used in a game somehow. Do anyone know some games/apps using Augmented Reality and what is it used for most commonly?
"Although we walk on the ground and step in the mud... our dreams and endeavors reach the immense skies..."
Cloudef

Post by Cloudef »

If i understanded this right, then you can do something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tEqM4BE ... re=related

It is actually pretty intresting =)
Kalango

Post by Kalango »

This is pretty good stuff for paper rpg games and trading card games like shown above.would be nice if you try to do something like poxnora for cellphones:
http://poxnora.com/index.do
Cloudef

Post by Cloudef »

Just wondering if this could be used in a game somehow.
Check my link, Eye of The Judgement is card game for PS3 that uses this =) When we get hologram monitors, you could make card games like in those kids cartoon shows :lol:
pera

Post by pera »

How about someone makes markers on real landscape objects, like buildings, trade centers, bridges, and when someone walks about that town with windows mobile in hand, he can see 'additional' things in reality - like dragon on the bridge, and king kong on the building... are these things possible? it can be used both for commercials and new kind of gaming on the real streets. :)
Cloudef

Post by Cloudef »

How about someone makes markers on real landscape objects, like buildings, trade centers, bridges, and when someone walks about that town with windows mobile in hand, he can see 'additional' things in reality - like dragon on the bridge, and king kong on the building... are these things possible? it can be used both for commercials and new kind of gaming on the real streets.
You, sir got yourself a business. Seriously that's a great idea =) Maybe they'll do it in Japan as they have QR Codes already floating all around for scanning.