Project Ninja Star - help wanted - ported to windows on 26th

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

Hmm....

my absence for 4 weeks, lots of work and thought process.

Complete rewrite, and the project members have gone from 2 to 9 members. Including attracting an artist :)

we still need HELP!!
more programmers, more artists.

say hello to john
shadowslair

Post by shadowslair »

Well, "Hello, John!"

John looks way too high poly to be rendered in realtime IMO. He`s maybe somewhere around 30-40k trigs. :roll:
Combined with all your shaders I doubt your game will run on my crappy pc... :D

By the way, nice game design document. :D
All I can say is: "Hopefully we`ll see."
"Although we walk on the ground and step in the mud... our dreams and endeavors reach the immense skies..."
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

hmmm.. he is 10k polys, and he is gonna be WAAAYYY more detailed (and then baked)

the game design DOC is nowhere near finished
devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

This is Mike Minnell (I drew him)

There is going to be a lot of optimisation in the engine... At the moment we are resolving Z-sorting, both to render front-to-back and to remove ocTree management double visibles. Then I shall be writing an extension to SMaterial to specify if the pixel program will be changing the depth (and a shader parser, i will be writing too), I will sort the materials into two piles of the ones with early Z and without (still in the Z order). Then we are moving onto texture compression and occlusion queries using bounding boxes and bounding meshes.