The Mage School

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

I mainly focus on windows, but since it's running OpenGL so there is no problem porting over to linux.
lostclimategames

Post by lostclimategames »

Virion wrote:i'm getting busy recently, might need a little help especially on 3d modeling
dont know if your looking for it but I do tutoring for $10 and hour if your ever looking for some help with blender.

Post by Jumach »

Still looking for modelers? I'm currently in school for just that. I'm not bad at texturing either. I'm not super familiar with max but I know Maya and blender fairly well.
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

lostclimategames - sorry I have not get any funding yet couldn't afford to pay that lol
Jumach - yes i am still looking for modeler. i'll send you a pm.
Jumach

Post by Jumach »

Suh-weet! I like the look of this project so far however minimal it may be at this point. I would like to see a design doc (pdf) if you've got one.
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

Jumach wrote:Suh-weet! I like the look of this project so far however minimal it may be at this point. I would like to see a design doc (pdf) if you've got one.
yes of course it's in the forum
Jumach

Post by Jumach »

I tried to post in your forum, but nothing happens when I try to post a reply.

Edit: I tried again with no luck....
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

sorry i dont know why "Can Post without Approval" has been enabled by default. i have changed that setting it works now.. very sorry about this.
Jumach

Post by Jumach »

It's cool, meng. Any updates?
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

Jumach wrote:It's cool, meng. Any updates?
I'm still working on the level editor while Halifax is working on the game side.
lostclimategames

Post by lostclimategames »

Virion wrote:lostclimategames - sorry I have not get any funding yet couldn't afford to pay that lol
lol understandable, just figured I'd offer.
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

In case you don't know, this is an old post, previously called Project Ostium lead by me. It's not dead yet, but we have been growing into a 6-persons team, most of them are animation students (my classmates) and we have changed the whole story but with similar gameplay because we are participating in a game funding program (competition) and we have to cut the idea small to fit into "casual game" category.

Since the game play is still similar to our original idea (only story, background and characters have changed), I decided to stick with this thread.

Progress:
Game Design Document:
Basically it's 100% done. It's a requirement for the competition. We submitted the doc and waiting for results.

Character:
We threw away the previous character and started with a new one. I have done the model and just passed it to my friend for rigging and animation.

Level editor:
We are still using the previous editor because it's very powerful already. Just adding in more features to suit our game.

Ingame:
I'm still doing the coding, not nothing to show yet.
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

stefbuet
Competition winner

Post by stefbuet »

hey congratz! :P
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

back from game pitching... judges say our game lack of game value. it was fun though! 5 winners will be announced 2 weeks later.

This is the demo that we shown during the presentation. Using Irrlicht!! for your information the waterfall is animating (scrolling texture coord) so does the river, with some sound effect (using irrklang).

- no lightmap
- no shadow
- broken collision system
- no particles
- broken butterfly model :D