kjAPI

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.

kjAPI

Post by Guest »

What do you think about kjAPI game engine? http://www.kjapi.com
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

It looks damn cool!

I had never heard of this one. But what is it: open source? commercial? any downloads?

If it's commercial; how much ????

thanks for linking us to it.

ps. It's funny how it's gott all the stuff in Irrlicht, only more evolved. I guess when we get to Irrlicht 1.0 we'll be there!!!! :D

Post by Guest »

Well now it's in beta stage, but I heard that it will be released in October or November. Now you can mail to them and they could give you access for downloading beta version (I've got one, but I can't compile it with DevC++,now it works well only with VC++ :( , but in future there will be linux version too :) ). About license . It's free for non-commercial use :) That's all I know.

Post by Guest »

Cool, i like the nature part!

Post by Guest »

Hrm, that sounds interesting:
World editor and landscape creator called Planet.
I hope thats opensource too...? Looks like their forum needs some company ;)
Oz

Sign in brain-failure

Post by Oz »

Oops, my bad. That 1 above was me ^
I was sure I signed in, this project is interestingif only for the world/terrain editor "planet".
I hope it exports in text so we can make importers for other engines. I guess I have to wait, or pester them with a good enough reason for the sourcecode?
Ill just be patient. (it could save me months of coding, I dont know about you)

Happy coding.
"When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw what heights civilization can attain.
When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height." -Keeper Annals
(Thief2: The Metal Age)
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

I wrote the guys a letter about a week ago asking if I could get the source and tools but they haven't even bothered in answering.

Not very communicative these kjapis
quark

Post by quark »

OK, let's see.

Author Kanda & Jeckle
Graphics API OpenGL, DirectX Operating Systems Windows, Xbox
Programming Language C/C++ Status Beta
Documentation No
Features General Features Object-Oriented Design, Save/Load System, Other:
Scripting lua wrapper and built-in script system
Built-in Editors exporters, world editing, model editing
Physics Basic Physics, Collision Detection, Rigid Body, Vehicle Physics:
Lighting Per-vertex, Per-pixel, Lightmapping, Radiosity:
Shadows Shadow Volume:
Texturing Basic, Multi-texturing, Bumpmapping, Mipmapping:
Shaders Vertex, Pixel, High Level:
Scene Management General, BSP, Portals, Octrees, Occlusion Culling, PVS, LOD:
Animation Forward Kinematics, Keyframe Animation, Skeletal Animation, Morphing, Animation Blending:
Meshes Mesh Loading, Skinning, Progressive:
Special Effects Environment Mapping, Lens Flares, Billboarding, Particle System, Sky, Water, Fog, Mirror:
Terrain Rendering, CLOD, Splatting:
Networking System Client-Server:
Sound & Video 2D Sound, 3D Sound, Streaming Sound:
Artificial Intelligence Pathfinding, Decision Making, Finite State Machines, Scripted:
Rendering Fixed-function, Render-to-Texture, Fonts:

Price: Free
Source Code: No
buhatkj

I fired off an email and this is what they said...

Post by buhatkj »

here is my original email:
Hey guys,
This is my work account, but I am using it to email you about my hobby ;-)
I was wondering, is your engine open source? If so, is there a CVS or download link someplace where I could see some demos or maybe even source code? I actually am trying to build a game engine myself, but have very limited time to work on it. if you have a chance, check out http://fmorg.sf.net
Thats my project site.
Good luck guys, the screeners look great!
-Ted
and this is their reply
Thanks for your interest about the kjApi 3D Technology.

The Official first public release of the kjApi SDK is planned for end of this year (november is a realistic schedule).

However, we are still looking for partners to Beta test API the engine and help to improve it.
So if you are interested, please fell free to ask for it

This will help us to improve the Api, test it deeper, and of course by listening your needs, we can add all the wanted features in a short time.

Concerning open source status of the API :
It is not opensource, but free for non commercial projects. So we provide hearders, precompiled libs, support, documentation, samples.... :-)

Thank you for your time.

kjApi Team.
hope this clears stuff up for some people or something. basically, they are in beta, and if you email them and ask nicely they can send you the beta version, and they will be making the 1.0 public release november-ish. so when that happens it will be free for non-commercial use, paid for commercial use (ala. FMOD)
sound cool to me, when it is released i'll give it a try, but i don't think i have enough free time to really work seriously with the beta right now, so i will keep checking back at their site now and again and when the first release comes i will be sure to check it out ;-)
-Ted
My irrlicht-based projects have gone underground for now, but if you want, check out my webcomic instead! http://brokenboomerang.net

Post by Guest »

About Planet World Editor I asked them on forum:
tomekumb
Will Planet Editor be avaiable for free for non-commercial use? (as Pulsar is)
The answer:
Jeckle
All tools will be free for non commercial use :)

Jeckle- kjAPI Team
I have compiled all the tutorial files provided with kjAPI SDK with DevC++ 4.9.9.0. So I think it's worth to support this project. The community is small at the moment but I think it will grow soon.