GeoMipMapped Terrain Scene Node ( UPDATED 3/3/05 )

A forum to store posts deemed exceptionally wise and useful
angel80

A little problem with 3DS loader

Post by angel80 »

Hi,
I have just looking your mod and compiling it for linux.
It's very good
But I have some problem:
The terrain works well but I load a 3DS object in my scene. With the version 0.7.1 of irrlicht there is no problem but with yours, it print

Invalid size of vertices found in 3ds file.
Found no matching material for Group in 3ds file.

and I can't see my object
You note that your version is based on the 0.7.1 version so I don't know why it don't work
Can somebody help
(ps: sorry for my bad english)
.: Franck :.
Spintz

Post by Spintz »

hmmm, the problem could be that since i upgraded the engine to use 32 bit indices, it's reading from the 3ds file every 32 bits for an index, instead of 16? I will look at it and let ya know more, when I find out.

EDIT: I took a look, the vertices are read in before the indices, so this wouldn't cause a problem. It shouldn't be anything with my new updated engine that would be causing the probelm.

Also, so everyone knows, the GeoMipMapSceneNode is in NX++ now and I'm now a maintainer of NX++. So if you want the latest on it geomipmapscenenode, go check out NX++ :)
deprecated

Post by deprecated »

Hey spintz... down the road, do you plan on releasing another Irrlicht version of the GeoMipMapSceneNode ??
Spintz

Post by Spintz »

I most likely will, atm, not doing much work on it though, working on other things with NX++.

I'll probably release a final version right before NX++ upgrades to the new render system and at that point only maintain it in NX++.
Spintz

Post by Spintz »

Good news.

I've got a new version of my engine mod with the GeoMipMapSceneNode along with more improvements. I've also got the CSkyDomeSceneNode addition that I added to NX++ integrated into it as well. It's currently working for Visual Studio. I just need to get a the DevC++ project file done and setup and it will be good to go. Should be later on tonight or some time tomorrow!!! ;)

Some other changes I've added -

- Fixed particle point emitter to emit more than 1 particle per render, just as the box emitter does.
- added all the drawprimitive functions for triangle strips/lists/fans for all 3 vertex types.
- applied the matrix4::rotateVect fix by Jox.
- applied the stencil fix by murphy for DX8 and DX9
- added a function to vector3d called getYZangle, which gets the Y and Z rotation a vector represents. ( code from Arras somewhere on these forums! )
- added a function to the line3d class, getYZangle, which gets the Y and Z rotation the line is facing.

So, hopefully soon! :)
Spintz

Post by Spintz »

Actually, go check out

http://irrlicht.spintz.com

There's the download for the Visual Studio versions. I'll work on the Dev-C++ versions ASAP.

If anyone has any troubles, let me know please! :)
Ramirez

Post by Ramirez »

Hi..

Spintz your stuff is pretty cool thx for your work.

Mabe you can add some Example. How about 1025x1025 heightmap Code snippet ? :)

bye,
Ramirez
Spintz

Post by Spintz »

It's in there, look at the examples directory!!!

Example 12 shows a geomipmapscenenode and a skydome!
Ramirez

Post by Ramirez »

upps i'm sorry... :oops:

Ramirez
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

I know this Post is ancient but what did this Scene Node Actually do? And is the code available?
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

I think this is the default Irrlicht terrain scene node now.
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

ACE247 wrote:I know this Post is ancient but what did this Scene Node Actually do? And is the code available?
i remember i used this one before the first time i tried irrlicht :lol: :shock: