TeeWorlds - Free 2D Multiplayer Shooter

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
PI

TeeWorlds - Free 2D Multiplayer Shooter

Post by PI »

Hey everyone,

TeeWorlds is a 2D fast-paced action shooter, available on Windows / Linux / Mac, it's free and it's just a great fun! :D
It's typically a kind of game that's easy to learn but hard to master...
There are a lot of servers, many modifications, and 1000+ active players!

Since I'm on Ubuntu (approx. 2 months) I play this game and I really like it! My favorite servers are Vanilla and gV* ones, my name is [irr]easy[gaara] there.

A screenshot:

Edit:
I thought I might add a gameplay video here: Click! These are of two pros: Ubu and Casualtee

If you like it, visit the TeeWorlds website!

Cheers,
PI

P.S. If you play it, add an [irr] tag to your name so that we can find you! :) <To find somebody type his name into the server browser!>
Last edited by PI on Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
shadowslair

Post by shadowslair »

Yeah, I confirm- the game is very entertaining and obsessive at the same time. Recently I`m in lack of spare time, that`s why I don`t play much. I try playing on the same servers, my name there is "shadowslair[BUL]"(as PI already knows- fighting back to back for the flag :P). Will be glad to see more Irrlichters there. :D
"Although we walk on the ground and step in the mud... our dreams and endeavors reach the immense skies..."
ent1ty
Competition winner

Post by ent1ty »

Looks like fun, but my most favorite on-line game is Counter-Strike 1.6 with Zombie Plague mod. I usually don't like games of that type, but the zombie mod is awesome :wink:
irrRenderer 1.0
Height2Normal v. 2.1 - convert height maps to normal maps

Step back! I have a void pointer, and I'm not afraid to use it!
PI

Post by PI »

@ent1ty: I used to be a CS fan too :) But as I grow older, I like to have more fun, and this game is 100% fun :D Simple, yet efficient. I'd like to make a game like this!

@shadowslair: Hey, so that's why I don't see you there recently! I thought you've swapped servers again :)

Yeah, it would be nice to see there more Irrlichters!
And... why not add an [irr] tag to our names?

From now on, I'm [irr]easy[gaara] :D

See you there!
Cheers,
PI