Simple projects, but useful (OpenGL) [Updated: 12-01-2010]

Post those lines of code you feel like sharing or find what you require for your project here; or simply use them as tutorials.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

If you use a usual Irrlicht SDK you won't succeed. At least chances are high, because Irrlicht does not have a DDS loader. I guess that's the problem here.
freetimecoder

Post by freetimecoder »

Hi man, great projects!

Projective Textures works very well.
Apart from the fact that I do not have any idea what your shadercode does, can't you check the normals of the meshes to make the projective texture only appear on the right normals of the model?

The Pointlights are a little strange, though. When running the example it looks like this:
However, when rendering the infos, it looks like in your screenshot.

When including the code into my own project, it looked like it should. But, sometimes (I haven't yet found the reason) the color suddenly swaps:
[edit] I found the cause of this problem: I used several draw3DLine methods before. Somehow the color of Lines which were not drawn influenced the final light color. I fixed it by drawing a white line behind the camera, that neutralizes the colors from before and makes it possible to see the lights in all their glory ;)

I have a Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT and an Intel Quad 2.5.
Also, it would be a cool feature if it were possible to set the light's intensity and the layer of the normalmap (To e.g. use the light with other materialtypes).

greetings
Viz_Fuerte

Post by Viz_Fuerte »

It's my fault. IM SORRY :oops:
I modify a little the library Irrlicht and malfunctions on some computers.

Use the DDS Loader of Nadro:
http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... hlight=dds

Ok, update some examples with the standard library Irrlicht more DDS Loader. :wink:

freetimecoder - Use this method for non-complex scenes, is better. :)

Hybrid - Include DDS Loader (Nadro) of once!!! Works well. :lol:
vectorcorpse

Post by vectorcorpse »

sounds great but the link is broken can't download exe or source and i was really intrested in projective texture specially if they are ARB opengl fixed function allowing for great graphics on low end hardware. blindside was working on something like this but didn't release it yet, or at least not that i know about.
another hellinsh thing to implement that is missing in irrlicht is ARB cube mapping. but thats something for godlike devs o develop has it messes with the entire engine unfortunatly.
anyway keep up the good work everyone.
omaremad
Competition winner

Post by omaremad »

Nice projects, but you can use CG or glsl and compile to arb of diffrent shader models using nvidias cg toolkit, (an open source cg/glsl compiler)

Are the download links broken? i cant dl them.
"Irrlicht is obese"

If you want modern rendering techniques learn how to make them or go to the engine next door =p
vectorcorpse

Post by vectorcorpse »

can anyone re-upload the source and link it here? the links are broken and it is a shame if this goes down the drain
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

*bump* anyone still keep the files?
vectorcorpse

Post by vectorcorpse »

the only link i managed to find on the web was this:
http://gbox3d.tistory.com/archive/200912
but it doesn't build, it seams like it isn't the same version
anyway here is an opengl example if somone needs a reference for a new implementation
http://www.opengl.org/resources/code/sa ... index.html