drugs advertising

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
mireazma

drugs advertising

Post by mireazma »

Sorry. I don't get it. What's medicine has to do with "Irrlicht Beginners Help" subforum?!
ACE247

Post by ACE247 »

Its a f'n Spammer, I Hate them.
cookie

Post by cookie »

This bastard spammend more than 7 pages in the beginners help >.<
Fuckin spambots
kazymjir

Post by kazymjir »

Ya. Even they dont have LSD. :(
d3jake

Post by d3jake »

For those that don't know: Spambots simply generate a ton of irrelevant posts for no reason. ... Correction, their reason is similar to the reason that folks cheat at games: To ruin the experience for others, gaining some sort of high from it. Elementary school mentality, really.
The Open Descent Foundation is always looking for programmers! http://www.odf-online.org
"I'll find out if what I deleted was vital here shortly..." -d3jake
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

omg spams appeared again! :x
greenya

Post by greenya »

Hmm, that bot according to its account details already spammed 700+ topics :( and still do this.

If its possible, it would be great to restrict creating more than 10 topics per day for each "young user" (*). Because ordinary spammers and bots register each time new account for spamming.

(*) "young user" is a user which has registered less than for example 3 months ago.
grumpymonkey

Post by grumpymonkey »

I checked and he spammed 22 pages on the beginners help forum -.- spammers piss me off.

maybe a forcing a captcha on new members for posting too quickly or something like that could prevent this
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Captchas are already installed. I've tweaked the strength a little bit, and also increased the time between consecutive posts a little. But it seems as if there's once more some bot exploit or something. Such strong spamming only seldomly occurs and often just for a few hours. Hope it won't be too severe this time.
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

grumpymonkey wrote: he spammed 22 pages on the beginners help forum
damn :shock: he deserves a punch in his face
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

And a few bucks for me due to the many posts I had to click and delete...
Bate

Post by Bate »

Seriously? You can't select and delete all of them at once? Well, that must have been a pain in the arse. :D
Never take advice from someone who likes to give advice, so take my advice and don't take it.
Insomniacp

Post by Insomniacp »

thought there was an option to remove all posts by user when deleting a user. may be in a different version of the forums.
kazymjir

Post by kazymjir »

Of course there is option to delete all given user posts:

According to phpBB database schema (http://wiki.phpbb.com/display/DEV/Tables), I wrote this little SQL statement:

Code: Select all

DELETE u, t, p, a FROM phpbb_users AS u INNER JOIN phpbb_topics AS t ON u.user_id=t.topic_poster INNER JOIN phpbb_posts AS p ON u.user_id=p.poster_id INNER JOIN phpbb_acl_users AS a ON u.user_id = a.user_id
WHERE u.user_id=6;

(change 6 to spammer user_id)

This code will delete given user, all posts and topics he created.
Also, it's deleting user entry in phpbb_acl_user table ("Permission roles and/or individual permissions assigned to users").
It is not needed to delete user, his posts and topics, but deleted user entry in this table will be never used, so it will be good to remove it too.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Well, there's the mass deletion option in the moderator panel, so I just had to mark those messages. Not deleting every single post.
And no, writing an SQL statement is not "an option to mass delete things". It's a low-level intrusive access to the underlying system. That's as if I have to set some processor registers to write in bold face in MS Office. So I'll keep with the point'n'click solution.