Mutant-Zombie Marble Madness^^

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
serengeor

Post by serengeor »

Erm my winrar say's that the archive is corrupt :?
Working on game: Marrbles (Currently stopped).
sudi

Post by sudi »

Hmm ya i was playing with the archive to remove unneeded data after compression...probably a bad idea :?

Any way updated all links: Download
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
serengeor

Post by serengeor »

This one works good :wink:
omaremad
Competition winner

Post by omaremad »

Very nice effects, why not add some gravity to the ice/water mode since cold gasses will sink while hot ones like flames rise.
"Irrlicht is obese"

If you want modern rendering techniques learn how to make them or go to the engine next door =p
sudi

Post by sudi »

tryed to compile on linux and tada works :D

on the left you see the server and on the right the client simulating

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
serengeor

Post by serengeor »

look's like this project will be finished in a few days/weeks.
Good job :shock:
sudi

Post by sudi »

Multiplayer Test

Click the image
sudi

Post by sudi »

Brainsaw wrote:Nice to see this developing. Are you using Irrnetlite for networking? How did you implement the LanBroadcast discovery? I didn't really try that, but I should for further games.
No i am not using irrNetLite. But i am using enet.
The LanBroadcast discovery is actually kinda not really possible with enet so i added a second host which listens on a different port. The join menu actually tries to connect to that and then it sends back infos about the hostet game.
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

Oh, I see ... i hope you will release the source of your game as I do currently not have the time to try the implementation myself ;) ... actually I'm currently on vacation sitting in a small Motel in San Francisco where we have free WiFi, but that's another story.
Dustbin::Games on the web: https://www.dustbin-online.de/

Dustbin::Games on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dustbingames/
Dustbin::Games on twitter: https://twitter.com/dustbingames
sudi

Post by sudi »

i actually started working on the project again and implemented a little deathmatch mode.

updated the first post with new screenshots, videos and of course the download
sudi

Post by sudi »

deathmatch mode finished. Now it would need some nice graphics and more important a loadable level format. haven't decided on that yet...

anyways would be nice to see some review on the network system.
sudi

Post by sudi »

Ok another big update.
Added a editor to the game and also custom controls. check the playersetup.xml for the options.
Editor is pretty basic right now but does its job.
The level loading needs some improvements.....i guess the current way slows down the game.
New download is in the first post like always

PS: some feedback would be cool.
Sir_Hans

Post by Sir_Hans »

Will it be open source?
sudi

Post by sudi »

Sir_Hans wrote:Will it be open source?
Right now i am not planning on releasing the source again.