Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
DarkWood_Neo

Post by DarkWood_Neo »

When will 0.5 be released?
FleshCrawler

Post by FleshCrawler »

[MarkReinmode]
When its done
[/MarkReinmode]

to be honest, i don't know when, but there is a threat about this somewhere in the forums already
I've been absent for really long, but i'm ready to reign my terror on you once again, mwuahahahahaha
saigumi

Post by saigumi »

It's been one month since 0.41... I'm suffering Niko withdrawls myself and haven't seen the massive post-blasts that he usually puts up in quite a while.

I may have to turn to a another drug like Heroine to keep the spiders away.
Crud, how do I do this again?
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

That's right, I've currently a little bit to do at university, but I hope that I'll have more time for Irrlicht in 1-2 weeks. But I am working on 0.5 every few minutes I get :)
joi

Post by joi »

im itching to see 0.5 :?
------------
one more lie
Gorgon Zola

Post by Gorgon Zola »

joi wrote:im itching to see 0.5 :?
Yeah! 0.5 would be absolutely spiffing! :D
Spidla

v0.5

Post by Spidla »

Hi My nick is Spidla and I am developing with me team an RPG game.
I am using Irrlicht v0.41 but hwen i have red about v0.5 i decided to make it in v0.5 When it will be done ?? approx. Thank :o :lol:
DarkWhoppy

Post by DarkWhoppy »

Until its released i'm just going to play with the engine. It's pretty nice and alot better than others i've seen. 8) Well documented too.

I've got a huge list of engines on my site. Me and Neuro are putting together... www.phyer.net/whoppyarts/
powerpop

Post by powerpop »

darkwhoppy - there is no way to contact you on your site (?) - you can add Flatland and Ping to your list of engines - in the online section - http://www.flatland.com (its an XML based 3D scene format that runs in the browser) - and http://www.ping.net is a next generation of this that runs on top of Ogre currently but i also want to try out Irrlicht which is what i am doing now!
Spidla

New version

Post by Spidla »

Hey I really need to know when are you going to publish Irrlicht 0.5 !!!!!!!!!!!
Please write approx. release date !!!!!!
wornaki

Post by wornaki »

I'm waiting for 0.5 too, because I desperately need the engine to support .an8 files (Anim8or), else I can't start my game...
But anyway, I know that Niko is busy and I don't intend to criticise him. I'll continue to wait but any kind of release date, even if it's December would be appreciated.
stampsm

Post by stampsm »

if your using anim8or just export to 3ds
wornaki

Post by wornaki »

Nope, I can't export to .3ds because I need animation keyframes which anim8or doesn't export and also which irrlicht doesn't support. I need support for animated meshes ending in .an8.
Spidla

Post by Spidla »

So I have to wait. During this I can develop other parts of my engine. :)