Anyone knows a good UML application?

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
KP84

Post by KP84 »

hayate wrote:All of these seem very nice and offer c++ generator and c++ reverse engineering (from code to UML diagram)
Think it would be nice to have those features after all.

btw: Have you seen Bruno Pagès warning on his page of BoUML? Don't know how long it's there but he stopped developing the application. Only working on bug fixes.

Code: Select all

// if you think real code is always interresting, read this line again
hayate

Post by hayate »

A little correction: ArgoUml doesn't do reverse engineering (from c++ to UML), it only generates c++ code from a diagram

@KP84: I saw his warning, but it's a good program, just not very intuitive and easy to use
Sorry for my awful english ^_^'
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

I have used StarUML, and works quite well. A bit buggy, but fairly good overal
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
REDDemon
Developer

Post by REDDemon »

I think i have problems with UML applications lol. I tried 6 different programs and seems that even the simplest diagram require lot of works. They are not intuitive (or i'm very noob with them.. writing diagrams on paper is much more faster and relaxing. that's my opinion)
Junior Irrlicht Developer.
Real value in social networks is not about "increasing" number of followers, but about getting in touch with Amazing people.
- by Me
serengeor

Post by serengeor »

REDDemon wrote:I think i have problems with UML applications lol. I tried 6 different programs and seems that even the simplest diagram require lot of works. They are not intuitive (or i'm very noob with them.. writing diagrams on paper is much more faster and relaxing. that's my opinion)
Yeah, I find paper a lot more attractive 8)
Working on game: Marrbles (Currently stopped).
hayate

Post by hayate »

REDDemon wrote:I think i have problems with UML applications lol. I tried 6 different programs and seems that even the simplest diagram require lot of works. They are not intuitive (or i'm very noob with them.. writing diagrams on paper is much more faster and relaxing. that's my opinion)
I found automatic code generation from paper to c++ is a bit slower :lol:

I started using these programs because I wanted a fast way to write down a class interface but found out they're really useful once you learn a bit about them.
Sorry for my awful english ^_^'