Not a bug but a request

You discovered a bug in the engine, and you are sure that it is not a problem of your code? Just post it in here. Please read the bug posting guidelines first.
Mr_Ridd

Not a bug but a request

Post by Mr_Ridd »

Hey

Just a suggestion I thought of. Well first of all, I think there should be more tutorials detailing the basic stuff. Now my suggestion:

I think that with every tutorial put out, there should also be a section in that tutorial telling you what could go wrong, why it went wrong and how to fix it.
For example:

I did the terrain example, it worked fine but the terrain was split up into multiple squares. I didn't know why it did that, and in fact I still don't. I just think that it would be helpful, because everything doesn't always work out first time. eg. It could be that a model was incorrectly made.

You might also argue though that you don't know what it going to go wrong untill it has gone wrong. But that isn't quite true, because the engine is already on 0.7 so a lot of experience has been gained.

With all that said, I really like Irrlicht. I'm busy writing a world/level editor for my game and it's going very well. All thanks to the developers.
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Good idea. As you said, I should add this definately for the final release of the engine (1.0).