tapeworm

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
hendu

Post by hendu »

Haha, looks like there would be a business case for a MMO maker ;)
fmx

Post by fmx »

Radikalizm wrote:
Brkopac wrote:
Radikalizm wrote:This thread on gamedev is annoying the sh*t out of me:
http://www.gamedev.net/topic/603700-3d- ... r-newbies/

2 stubborn game development newbies with absolutely no experience in game programming or programming in general are insisting on creating an MMORPG and are downvoting and being arrogant to everyone who gives them the sane piece of advise to postpone an MMORPG project until they have experience, because "That's not what they asked for"
Welcome to the internet. You shouldn't let anything on the internet annoy you or bother you, you'll waste a lot of energy doing so. Second, you are saying things they didn't ask for, so naturally they'd get frustrated. Just stop posting in the thread and let them do what they will.
Yeah, I probably shouldn't have posted in that thread after my initial posts, but I get really sucked into those kinds of discussions, especially when people think general facts and common 'laws' don't apply to them (law as in like a physical law based on a physical phenomenon, not a law law)

I just can't stand it when game development is seen as some sort of inferior type of software development and when people act like anyone with no skills whatsoever could pull it off
I totally agree
Creating good games is just like creating any good piece of art: only having technical skill, money, ideas or even experience isnt enough, a good game needs a good balance of them all.

If they refuse to listen, that's their problem :lol:
LizardGamer

Post by LizardGamer »

Well that is alot of kids these days, they ask for help you give them help and they slap you in the face.
kazymjir

Post by kazymjir »

shadowslair

Post by shadowslair »

Nothing that shocking- it`s a very common practice in poor countries, even for much less money. Well, indeed it`s a bit stupid to sacrifice a kidney for an iPad, but who are we to judge him?

A: Mum, Dad, I wanna iPaddd...
B: D, ya kno ya kenna have both iPad and kidney, do ya?!
"Although we walk on the ground and step in the mud... our dreams and endeavors reach the immense skies..."
kazymjir

Post by kazymjir »

Yeah I know that people are selling organs for money,
I can understand that they may have financial problems, no money for food/home but... selling kidney just for iPad? :D
Adler1337

Post by Adler1337 »

Well at least there's a positive side to that story. That kidney could have been used to save someone's life (or been added to some weirdo's kidney collection :lol: )
multum in parvo
Xaryl

Post by Xaryl »

Blech.. it feels kind of sick to hear about this kind of things.
However, that "kid" is 17 years old, and if that is considered to be an adult there, it is his body and his choice...
LizardGamer

Post by LizardGamer »

Lol, I remember seeing that on the Australian news a couple of weeks ago
Radikalizm

Post by Radikalizm »

Ahh, yet another occasion to get yourself a beer! (or something non-alcoholic if you're underage)

Just had my final exam for my OOP class and I passed with a pretty damn good score :D

Let's celebrate!
Virror

Post by Virror »

Very nice! Would not expect anything less from you though : p
kazymjir

Post by kazymjir »

Radikalizm wrote:Ahh, yet another occasion to get yourself a beer! (or something non-alcoholic if you're underage)

Just had my final exam for my OOP class and I passed with a pretty damn good score :D

Let's celebrate!
Congratulations!

Let's drink!
HerrAlmanack

Post by HerrAlmanack »

going to be legal age in half a year. can't wait
kazymjir

Post by kazymjir »

Radikalizm

Post by Radikalizm »

kazymjir wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEGrpuMR98s

Big fish eats duck :D