Creating fonts bitmap from files ...

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
c@c

Creating fonts bitmap from files ...

Post by c@c »

I would like to create .bmp font files, from my system's fonts. However, the program provided with Irrlicht cannot compile under Linux, and I don't manage to find another program to convert otf fonts to bmp ...
Do you know any tip to do that ?
jikbar

Post by jikbar »

the GUI environment has a function called getTTFont() which gets an IGUIFont from a system .fnt file. im not sure if this function works, but if it does then you could just us it to get whatever font you need from the system
c@c

Post by c@c »

What parameters does this function requires ? I didn't find it in IGUIEnvironment reference ...
Thanks for the help ;-)
Spintz

Post by Spintz »

The base Irrlicht engine does not have the ability to read in True Type fonts, someone posted some code that you could implement to do it somewhere on this forum, a search will find that.

On another note, I can't even find this font conversion tool. I decided to modify the engine to be able to read in Bitmap Font Builder bitmap fonts. The tool, at - http://www.lmnopc.com/bitmapfontbuilder/ - is a nice free tool for converting fonts. Like I said though, it takes some code modifications to the engine to be able to read in these bitmaps.