[no bug]Demo under vmware

You discovered a bug in the engine, and you are sure that it is not a problem of your code? Just post it in here. Please read the bug posting guidelines first.
sv161

[no bug]Demo under vmware

Post by sv161 »

Hi to all developers.
I'm using irrlicht v1.7.1 for my project. Our QA have found bug: There is strange behavior. In fullscreen after alt+tab and back, game can't render anything (WinXP SP3, SP2 - no matter). However i couldn't reproduce this.
Then I tested the game under vmware 7.1.4 build-385536 + WinXP SP3, SP2 - no matter and saw this bug.
Problems are using both dx8 and dx9 driver.
I tried Demo from v1.7.1 in fullscreen and with dx9 driver. I've noticed, that there is missing texture on the stairs. And, attention, after alt+tab it works - texture appears!
Are these problems same? Any help will be great.

If I replace code of scene rendering with simple draw2DRectangleOutline - it works. If I draw something textured - sad.

Here is image with bug: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/texbugk.png/
teto

Re: Demo under vmware

Post by teto »

I would say virtualized environments are not meant yet to support video games. I would say it's not irrlicht fault but I am not knowledgeable in that area.
Using trunk with mingw/gcc 4.6, Windows 7 64 bits driver opengl
mongoose7

Post by mongoose7 »

I didn't even think VMware supported 3d acceleration. There must be some king of emulation going on here as you can't allow clients to access the video card directly.
sv161

Post by sv161 »

I have solved this bug. Long story, but I want say that there was problem with my code and it was related with WM_ACTIVATE message. Thanks for fast answers.
ibax

Re: [no bug]Demo under vmware

Post by ibax »

hello!

how did you (or somebody else) solving the 'executing under vmware it not possible' problem?

I have this kind of printout:

Code: Select all

irrKlang 3D Sound Engine version 1.1.3
Loaded plugin: ikpmp3.dll
Using DirectSound8 driver
Irrlicht Engine version 1.8.0
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Szervizcsomag 3 (Build 2600)
Using renderer: Direct3D 9.0
 RDPDD.dll 5.1.2600.5512
Device does not support stencilbuffer, disabling stencil buffer.
Device does not support required depth buffer.
Could not create DIRECT3D9 Driver.