Looking for an Irrlicht compatible 3rd Party GUI framework

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
rustyk

Looking for an Irrlicht compatible 3rd Party GUI framework

Post by rustyk »

Hi,

I like the built-in GUI on Irrlicht but I would like to ask if someone already have implemented a 3rd party GUI framework with examples? i.e. CEGUI, libRocket, etc?

Can someone point some good resource or link? I'm asking this in re: to the current 1.8.x version.

Thank you!
Ovan

Re: Looking for an Irrlicht compatible 3rd Party GUI framewo

Post by Ovan »

http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/forum/v ... hilit=gwen
http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/forum/v ... n&start=15

but what the prob with old cegui sample ? not hard to port to recent revision ...
lymantok

Post by lymantok »

Sudi posted an example of librocket with irrlicht: https://bitbucket.org/suddani/irrlibrocket/overview
CEGUI is also one I have used with irrlicht: http://cegui.org.uk/
rustyk

Post by rustyk »

Hey, thanks for the link guys :)

Yes, I'm looking for something more like librocket but the example in sudi's repo is for linux. I'm trying to make it compile to windows.

I'm getting an error when I remove these libraries

xxf86vm
GL <----- (I pointed this to opengl32 under windows sdk)

Any ideas?
lymantok

Post by lymantok »

Not sure I follow you on libraries. I used Sudi's c++ source and compiled under windows using visual c++ with irrlicht 1.7 as I recall.
Granyte

Post by Granyte »

I just ported it to the shader pipeline branch after learning about that code here like an hour ago

so it works mostly fine

I how ever had issues with librocket it self not compiling properly until I commented

DoAllocConsole();

and the then samples are a nightmare to port because they are dependant on files scattered everywhere in the folders

if you could be more specific about what is causing the issue I could help as I just ported it
mongoose7

Post by mongoose7 »

-lopengl32 should be enough. To link Irrlicht probably requires -lgdi32 -lopengl32 -ld3dx9d -lwinmm.

For VS just try adding opengl32.lib to the linker section (additional libraries).
rustyk

Post by rustyk »

So.. ok so I have a compiled VS 2008 of Irrlicht 1.8.1 and libRocket.I also have CodeBlocks with MinGW compiler if this version is much better on Win32. The problem now I have with using Visual Studio is sudi's solution only has the CodeBlock project file. If someone has a VS solution file or workaround for the above it will be much appreicated.

@lymantok
oh ok but.. I'm using the latest 1.8.1 :/ Is there a compatibility issue?

@Granyte
This is awesome, so will this integration soon be a part of the build or at least demo examples? I will check into that asap.

RE: building issues, I'm getting linking errors earlier. I have to check again and will post my findings.

@Mongoose
I will try that solution on codeblocks. thanks!
rustyk

Post by rustyk »

Ok I have used an old build of librocket during my test with sudi's integration so I wasn't getting the DoAllocConsole error. I'm now also getting these errors when I updated but when I commented them and ran a successful build. The examples for testing it doesn't work at all (Crashing, blank screen with a exclamation dot icon only, etc..) :/
Granyte

Post by Granyte »

you need to edit every file the examples are referencing because they reference each other by ".../.../.../" so when ever you move them for you own test it's no longer finding the file y referenced in the file x that you opened
rustyk

Post by rustyk »

Granyte wrote:you need to edit every file the examples are referencing because they reference each other by ".../.../.../" so when ever you move them for you own test it's no longer finding the file y referenced in the file x that you opened
Oh ok thanks Granyte! :D forgot about that part. yes now moved the bin folder inside Samples and everything works great. Now to test it with the integration..
rustyk

Post by rustyk »

..Ok I got it down to 1 error now and have the same linker issue as this guy:

http://forums.librocket.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=793

Code: Select all

undefined reference to `_imp___ZN6Rocket4Core6AssertEPKcS2_i'
My linker settings:

Code: Select all

-lgdi32 -lopengl32 -ld3dx9d -lwinmm
Granyte

Post by Granyte »

are you compiling In debug?
rustyk

Post by rustyk »

No, I always compile in Release. Yeah, it was also mentioned in that post but no, not debug.