Mesh Problems

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Shadow_Wolf

Mesh Problems

Post by Shadow_Wolf »

I've been playing around with Irrlicht alot more these past couple of days, but during this time I've run into a problem with not being able to see a loaded mesh. Below is the code that I'm currently using for the mesh, I have tried the FPS camera style and one that points to the mesh (Thanks to DarkWhoppy :) ) but I still have not been able to see it...

Code: Select all

scene::IAnimatedMesh* crowMesh = crowScnMgr->getMesh("tempCrow.3ds");
scene::ISceneNode* crowNode = crowScnMgr->addAnimatedMeshSceneNode(crowMesh);
if(crowNode)
{
	crowNode->setPosition(core::vector3df(0,0,0));
	crowNode->setMaterialTexture(0, crowDriver->getTexture("tempCrowTex.bmp"));
	//crowNode->setCartoonShade(crowNode, crowScnMgr, 5,(0,0,0)); // Need to finish this class...
}
rt

me too

Post by rt »

i get the same problem when i try to load up a single .3ds file like in tutorial 1. i can only get my .3ds meshes to appear if i load the quake level first.. perhaps only .md2 and maya meshs can be displayed by themselves?
niko
Site Admin

Re: me too

Post by niko »

rt wrote:i get the same problem when i try to load up a single .3ds file like in tutorial 1. i can only get my .3ds meshes to appear if i load the quake level first.. perhaps only .md2 and maya meshs can be displayed by themselves?
Really? I cant believe this, thats really strange..
If you don't load a .bsp file it doesn't load .3ds files either?
Or has it something to do with renderung? If you don't render the .bsp, are 3d .3ds files rendered?
Shadow_Wolf

Post by Shadow_Wolf »

I have tried converting the model from .3ds over to .md2 but I'm still not being able to see my model. I have even tried loading up a .bsp file, but to no avail :(
gastar

Post by gastar »

Hi,

do you have applied a UVW modifier ? I could not see my models until they had valid texture coordinates.