Penguin, the Treasure Hunter! (complete)

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
x4861

Penguin, the Treasure Hunter! (complete)

Post by x4861 »

Hello!

Introducing my latest mini-game:

You can download it from http://home.comcast.net/~evitarenars/
(there are also some instructions in readme.txt)

Hope you like it!
X
keless

Post by keless »

Very good work. I liked the intro, and the penguin's roll when walking is awesome; very good humor. Its possible to make dry game with no spirit-- yours is the opposite
a screen cap is worth 0x100000 DWORDS
TeTo

Post by TeTo »

oh WOW !!!! it is fantastic, very proffessional and very funny !!!

too, i have seem your game alpha rpg. i think the animations of character are very similar to final fantasy VIII , i need animations and model for my project, i wnat asked you . Where have you get the models and the animations???

are they imported of the format TMD of the psx???
can you get the model or animation of solid snake of metal gear solid or the model of syphon filter or any of psx??

if it is not of psx... where can we get a animations for our projects???

I have a project, the player can do all of the splinter cell , like climb ladder, climb colums , etc, but i havent animations for all movements and sometimes it is little realist, i need more animations for my model.

Can you help me?? i am not very good with milkshape or 3dmax , i have only animations SMD of half life, but i need more...

thanks!!!!
TeTo

Post by TeTo »

oh WOW !!!! it is fantastic, very proffessional and very funny !!!

too, i have seem your game alpha rpg. i think the animations of character are very similar to final fantasy VIII , i need animations and model for my project, i wnat asked you . Where have you get the models and the animations???

are they imported of the format TMD of the psx???
can you get the model or animation of solid snake of metal gear solid or the model of syphon filter or any of psx??

if it is not of psx... where can we get a animations for our projects???

I have a project, the player can do all of the splinter cell , like climb ladder, climb colums , etc, but i havent animations for all movements and sometimes it is little realist, i need more animations for my model.

Can you help me?? i am not very good with milkshape or 3dmax , i have only animations SMD of half life, but i need more...

thanks!!!!
x4861

Post by x4861 »

Thanks for great comments!!

All models that I am using are from Neverwinter Nights (a PC RPG game). They have lots of animations for characters, however not as many as Squaresoft FF-series... they don't have such things as climbing ladders, jumping, or other action (they do have fighting and spell-casting).

I am not an animator, so I don't create any models myself. However, if you are intrested in Neverwinter Night models, and you are a good programmer :D (because their model format is quite unique) then write me an email to x4861@hotmail.com

X
jox
Bug Slayer

Post by jox »

Very nice work! It's always great to see some completed work using Irrlicht!
It is like it is. And because it is like it is, things are like they are.
TheRLG

Post by TheRLG »

Luv it! This is exactly like a game I was thinking about making, only I was going to use orthogonal view :P and it wouldve taken me WAYYY longer than a day... lol. dude, would u like to take what uve made and start work on another project? or share the source and i can start on all new game content creation? hahaha that would be coolie. anyways, awesome, great job.
mm765

Post by mm765 »

nice game!
but you forgot to reset the timer after each map. so if you play a second map the time is added to that of the first.
oh and of course a highscore list is missing :)
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

Extreamly Impressed...

Best Irrlicht based game I've seen yet...

small collision bugs probably the engines fault nothing major...

Smallest yet most enjoyable "Demo" I've ever played...

Bravo! keep it up! 8)
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Midnight wrote:small collision bugs probably the engines fault nothing major...
It's all my fault, sure *g*
Cool game! Keep up the good work!