RTS project Galactic Dream, almost completed

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Pr3t3nd3r

RTS project Galactic Dream, almost completed

Post by Pr3t3nd3r »

http://www.evolutionvault.net
Enjoy.

//first post
I have a list of 100 smal thinks what need to be implemented before the first version but i can release'it before.
An other problem is with funding :( . It became very hard to work with out it. Some peoples have left the team, some have find real jobs, the continue working to the project but the dont realy have time ... some go to school...(no age limit :wink: ). And i have to find a job my self if I can't finde some fundings. Work, school ... i will not have too much time for the project ...

Any way i'm still searching people to help the project. If you want to participate to the alpha testing, at design, 3d modeling, 2d graphics, texturing, sound, etc ... feel free to contact me and say somethink in my forum www.evolutionvault.net/forum
The home page is www.evolutionvault.net
Enjoy.
Last edited by Pr3t3nd3r on Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:20 am, edited 5 times in total.
Armen138

Post by Armen138 »

sounds like a very interesting game! can we at least see some screenshots? there don't seem
to be any on your website.... as for help, im afraid im not much of an artist, and my own
project keeps me pretty busy...
well, whatever you do, dont abandon this, it seems very promising
if you're looking for me, start looking on irc, i'm probably there.
Pr3t3nd3r

Post by Pr3t3nd3r »

I'v added screenshots :shock: .
MACARRAUM

Post by MACARRAUM »

OMG man, nice screens :shock:

Post by Guest »

best looking and seemingly most mature project i've seen in irrlicht. GREAT JOB. although i can't really say. just seems that you are one of the few who got further than just using the crappy sample models on a really tiny demo map without anything to do yet. although i can only judge by the interface and what i see anyway. hope it's not too buggy and you'll release it soon.
Armen138

Post by Armen138 »

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
if you're looking for me, start looking on irc, i'm probably there.
buhatkj

pretty sweet...

Post by buhatkj »

sweet screens, some very creative ships and stuff. nice gui too...
thats good, cuz i havent seen a good space rts in a while :-)
My irrlicht-based projects have gone underground for now, but if you want, check out my webcomic instead! http://brokenboomerang.net
Pr3t3nd3r

Post by Pr3t3nd3r »

Anonymous wrote:best looking and seemingly most mature project i've seen in irrlicht. GREAT JOB. although i can't really say. just seems that you are one of the few who got further than just using the crappy sample models on a really tiny demo map without anything to do yet. although i can only judge by the interface and what i see anyway. hope it's not too buggy and you'll release it soon.
I'm working on it by a long time. Before i started using Irrlicht i was having an 2d version, with more advanced ai, sound , video and network suport with direct x. At the begining af this year i have decided that 2d is dead and i have to make it 3d and i started using 3d, making low poly modeles (from hy poly), texturing ...
You can see in the news stuf how much i progres in the last few days. An release will be soon.
Pr3t3nd3r

Re: pretty sweet...

Post by Pr3t3nd3r »

buhatkj wrote:sweet screens, some very creative ships and stuff. nice gui too...
thats good, cuz i havent seen a good space rts in a while :-)
Gameplay i think is not that good. It takes more than 3 man to do a good game play. A very good design document ... etc. Network is temporary a little buggy but i hope to fix that fast. Also i will write down the design document for gameplay and it's logic and i hope that i will find some people to help me with that or at least try.
Last edited by Pr3t3nd3r on Tue May 31, 2005 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pr3t3nd3r

Post by Pr3t3nd3r »

Armen138 wrote:sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
Is not that sweet. If you look careful you will see that antialias is mising. (i think is antialiass, zomed out ships have rough edges ).
And when try to use'it I also discover that my grafic card is not suporting AA of curse, why not.
http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... php?t=6020

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:you are one of the few who got further than just using the crappy sample models on a really tiny demo map
you got a problem with that? why in the world should i already develop cool models and this stuff if nothing works at all? i rather like the idea of first programming a lot and using sample models and if it finally works good, do the rest of the stuff. :?

maybe i dont have something to show now, but on the other hand i have much more to show later :)

Post by Guest »

true, but most projects i have seen so far didn't have a "later" to show. they just didn#t get tha t far. of course it is just smart to do the programming first, but it's no fun at all to have those little demos without any content.

Post by Guest »

yes there you are 100% right, if they dont ever finish at all its no fun :) but i dont think that i will give up so easy because i am really interested in it and it is actually very enjoying to do programming and this sort of stuff :)

@ pretender and armen: maybe we rts devs could all share some experiences at armens site rtsdev.blogthing.com ?
Pr3t3nd3r

Post by Pr3t3nd3r »

Advice: don't try to do RTS, they are too complex. Try FPS ...
Anyway what i will love to see at all fps projects is jumping and crouch. 2 features what havn't been made in irr and .. it seem that nobody whant to implement them. Come on. Is not that hard ...
Galactic Dream Best RTS game
http://www.rageofwar.net
Engage in epic galactic warfare, guide your people through the galaxy! in the real time strategy game made with Irrlicht
http://www.evolutionvault.com

Post by Guest »

well i dont see why i could not handle my rts right now, everything is reachable (of course everything needs time, you have to be patient)