Unreal Engine

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...

Unreal Engine

Post by Guest »

Comared to what we do with the Irrlicht Engine, just doesn't add up to the commercial engine "Unreal Engine" Its incredible and seems so easy to use. These companies such as UbiSoft uses unreal engine, Its crazy because we use c++ and they use unreal engine, it provides a GUI based creation software. That is easy to use... such and such... Like drag and drop... And it has amazing
effects and such... Geez...
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

??????
bitte?
eXodus

Post by eXodus »

Pro-Epic Games spam?
Guezt

Post by Guezt »

Is "Unreal Engine" also a open source ? and how much
will it cost me for the full license ?

That's I want to compare! lols.
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

the lowest cost unreal engine you acn get is the unreal engine runtime, a stripped off version of the engine with no game related content. It's aroung US$7500 -$8000, but you can't use it for games, only for stuff like simulations or architectural walkthrus. You can dl the demo and try it out for yourself. But the real stuff till unreal engine 2.5 was around US$350.000? (correct me if I'm wrong). I can't imagine how much UE3 will cost!

so, no, it's not open source...definitely!
Chris

Re: Unreal Engine

Post by Chris »

Anonymous wrote:Its crazy because we use c++ and they use unreal engine, it provides a GUI based creation software. That is easy to use... such and such... Like drag and drop... And it has amazing
I don't mean to stomp on your sausage, but what the hell are you on about, as far as I'm aware theres no GUI based creation software, ok sure you get UnrealEd which is a level editor (a damn good one but it won't make a game for you) I believe they use Maya for the models.

The actual game logic and game interface is written in UnrealScript (progs) and thats a language similar to C++ in some respects so why are you saying it's GUI based creation software. Please research more into what you type, then I won't have to show you up.

Plus as already mentioned Irrlicht is opensource and the UnrealEngine will cost you more than a couple of houses.
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

'stomp on your sausage' I love it!! :lol:
/wipes tears from eyes
/pays no attention to the guest troll kid post
Robomaniac

Post by Robomaniac »

You still have to use C/C++ to write anything other then a fps using the unreal engine, and even if you want some intersting new features you have to use c/c++ to add some features
The Robomaniac
Project Head / Lead Programmer
Centaur Force
Bryan Abrams

Post by Bryan Abrams »

This is an open source being made by 1 to a few dudes.
Unreal is a huge commerical engine being made by a corporation of the best in the business.
Unreal 2 starts at $350000 with royalties.
TheHitchhiker

Post by TheHitchhiker »

Dear troller, are you shure that you and we are living in the same universe?
Use the Source!

Re: Unreal Engine

Post by Guest »

Anonymous wrote:Comared to what we do with the Irrlicht Engine, just doesn't add up to the commercial engine "Unreal Engine" Its incredible and seems so easy to use. These companies such as UbiSoft uses unreal engine, Its crazy because we use c++ and they use unreal engine, it provides a GUI based creation software. That is easy to use... such and such... Like drag and drop... And it has amazing
Its people like you with your stupidity that makes registered users want to turn off the guest account....
drag and drop, yeah, sure... *cough* retard *cough*

Post by Guest »

Its people like you with your stupidity that makes registered users want to turn off the guest account....
Oh, please, please... turn OFF the guest account.

C'mon, it's bad enough dealing with the 'noobs' who do register and simply spout rubbish and nonsense. Then you get idiots like the one who started this thread. I don't know if they're trolling, mis-informed or just plain stupid. :wink:

I guess I'd just call him/her an "unreal poster"...
Bolshevik

Post by Bolshevik »

Wow... He almost makes me wish they'd turn off the guest feature (ironic, I know).

Considering what Irrlicht can do (at least what I've seen from the screenshots), it may not be everything that Unreal is (for obvious reasons), but it's certainly powerful enough. For low-budget projects, Irrlicht way better, IMHO (though that may be extremely self-evident).
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

I vote for disabling guest
Finally making games again!
http://www.konekogames.com
bal

Post by bal »

vermeer wrote:I vote for disabling guest
²
General Tools List
General FAQ
System: AMD Barton 2600+, 512MB, 9600XT 256MB, WinXP + FC3