Shot of my project dev

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Cristian

Post by Cristian »

Oh I almost forgot. How come EVERYONE (I know a few lawers) I ask tells me about how bad breaking copyright is and all of the legal bull**** related, and NO ONE tells me how I can obtain copyright over an ideea of my own (unrelated to Zelda or anything else).
This is the reason I chose to make a fan game: If I make an original game, SOME JERK WILL most definatley come and steal my stuff cause it ain't copyrighted, AND what's worse, MAKE $$$ with MY IDEEA!!!!! :x It's happened to me once, and I won't do it again. If I am to work on an original game again I want to rest assured that my stuff is safe! If I want to (usually I do) I WILL release it opensource. Whereas making a fangame is neutral to me, the worst woul be a cease & dessist, I mean a friend of mine recieved a letter from FBI cause he was caught watching *dirty stuff* on the net :)
With that settled, I must say that I am disappointed. I thought you people knew more than this...
Player1

Post by Player1 »

You didnt read the link XforXtra posted did you?

Copyrights are not your problem, trademarks could be depending on what you do. Copyright is automatic. You get copyrights on any type of creative work "afixed" to a medium (IE. it cant just exist in your head).
Cristian

Post by Cristian »

I don't live in the USA! In my country Copyright (Author's rights) is granted by a sort of "certificate" (I know it from my mom, she has one of these in the naval field) which costs money (a measly amount, no prob) and time (lots of it, because of bureaucracy), so it's not like in his article. I do have it on paper, actually I have whole game design doc on it (my original game not my fangame).
AssiDragon

Post by AssiDragon »

Copyrights are yours when you make something indeed. That said, having certificate about the copyright helps you prove that you indeed had it, and you aren't just making it up now. Acquiring a copyright certificate however varies from country to country, there's no real general rule on how to do that. Mostly you have to fill in a form about the requested copyright, pass it to the right place with some $$$ and wait for it to get granted. (Well, that's how it works here.)
Staring through eyes of hate we kill
Are we controlled, or is our own will...?
(Edguy)
Cristian

Post by Cristian »

Yeah, same way here (only that you get tired waiting, and if someone with more $$$ stumbles upon your work you can kiss it bye-bye) :D
AssiDragon

Post by AssiDragon »

Well, people with more $$$ will always stumble us ordinary peasa-- err citizens. Gotta love capitalism sometimes...
Staring through eyes of hate we kill
Are we controlled, or is our own will...?
(Edguy)

Post by Guest »

gr8 game just take navi the fairy out (useless advice and annoying)
Cristian

Post by Cristian »

Navi isn't here to give you advice anymore, while at the begining of the game she'll be as annoying as ever, her personality will be shaped by the adventures and she'll become much more sensitive and friendly. But that's another thing...

BTW I thought I said wasn't going to post here anymore....
Cristian

Post by Cristian »

On second thought I might post again, just to annoy those that are desperate about copyrights :lol:
Ralphis

Post by Ralphis »

I am interested in composing music for your game. I am a huge Zelda fan. Please contact me over AIM : Ralphis SFR6
Cristian

Post by Cristian »

Interesting offer, however I don't have an AIM compatible client.
Cristian

Post by Cristian »

Oh yeah... I forgot ... new demo (fairy class):

http://www.savefile.com/files/4776558
Cristian

Post by Cristian »

Ralphis, I've found kopete and I've added you to the list.
Cristian

Post by Cristian »

Thanks to the docs and the Search in the forum, I managed to put up a new demo for my project.
So, the shots:

I'll be waiting for more legal stuff :)
after-life

Post by after-life »

im not going to talk about legal stuff because you dont care anyway :p

i just want to add that your heads up display takes too much space.
either make the resolution better (1024,768) or just make the hud smaler/transparent/...