First Person Shooter Is all

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
blah

First Person Shooter Is all

Post by blah »

This engine is really only good for First Person Shooters, I mean with any other games that people try to develop. the camera jiggles and the image quality is poor. I think that if you wanted to create something other than an FPS, then your look at a whole lot of programming...

Post by Guest »

Some very nice space sims have shown up.

the camera is fixable and you just need to get better textures for the other problem :D
Frobozz

Re: First Person Shooter Is all

Post by Frobozz »

blah wrote:This engine is really only good for First Person Shooters, I mean with any other games that people try to develop. the camera jiggles and the image quality is poor. I think that if you wanted to create something other than an FPS, then your look at a whole lot of programming...
Meh - simply code your own camera. I'm sure a number of people have done that for their projects. I'm sure I'll have to for something. :wink:
Armen138

Post by Armen138 »

some people dont mind doing a whole lot of programming!
besides, if you want to make a good fps, you'll need to do a whole lot of programming too....
its not a lego set where you can just connect the pieces and expect to make the next doom3
if you're looking for me, start looking on irc, i'm probably there.
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

FPS cameras are appearently alot easier then most things.

Time based system a few variables later maybe a basic class for this in the future.

At least you don't feel like tearing everything apart because it's got too much stuff. you can always add more.

Being very "Lite" Irrlicht is capable of making even the most complex 3d modeling programs down to a simple 2d tetris game using only custom code not "do it yourself" dark basic or something. game maker blah!

This is commercial quality stuff.. In the real world you have to do everything yourself including the engine if you ever hope to be truely successful.

And hardly anything beats this community hell I've tried and after forcing people to tell me off most of them still want to be friends. 8)

Eventually the community will fill the gaps.. like they did when we all needed a graphics engine because coding directly into several different graphics drivers must be a real pain.

And like how I'm addressing you on your concerns right now.
disanti

Post by disanti »

I've programmed two 3rd person Zelda style cameras since I signed up on these forums... and they both work great! I have absolutely no camera glitches, just a few player position bugs that are fixable with a little extra math. I sure hope my image quality isn't bad, I've spent too much time on it! 8)
________
MARIJUANA TEST