studio 3d max combine with irrlicht

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
yan007

studio 3d max combine with irrlicht

Post by yan007 »

hello everyone,
i have made 3d scenes in studio 3d max 7 and i could import them as .3ds files into the engine. The problem is that i want to use my scenes WITH the materials i gave them in studio 3d max.
What do i have to do in studio 3d max and in irrlicht?
Are there multiple solutions for this problem ?

Post by Guest »

Materials or textures? (just to clarify). I use MY3d for great texture + lightmap usage from MAX7. Materials are more unknown as I don't try to export for instance with a specular + diffuse colour on a mesh instead of a physical texture.
yan007

Post by yan007 »

I think textures, but im not sure. In studio 3d max you have materials and maps. I know how to use them but i dont know whats needs to be loaded in the 3d engine to see the same as if i would render in 3d max?

Post by Guest »

well in max using with my3D:

Make mesh - load standard texurefile (pow2) from your root directory of the game. Apply to mesh (1 texture per mesh - no submats)

Export to .my3d and all references to the textures you loaded in max are exported also - so as long as the textures are kept in the same dir as the mesh itself then it will load all the textures automatically (you don't need to load them all by hand) be aware that my3d doesn't work properly with zipfiles at the moment.

Same with X except you can use multi-sub objects - again the textures are loading automatically.
yan007

Post by yan007 »

i tryed with the 3 files : .my3d, .tga and the textures, but it doesnt work, it mappes my floor texture to everything, can the cause be that i use multiple textures on the same mesh ??
(i make my .tga file with 'render to texture' not sure if i do that good)

do you mean i dont need that .tga file ??? else it doesnt work ..

Post by Guest »

sorry for the same posts, problems with connection,
i forgot if i dont use a .tga file i see my scene in black !

Post by Guest »

yes, if it is mapping the "first" texture to everything then you have got "everything" joined as one mesh - you need to detach each and every part that is going to have a seperate texture and either recombine them in texture groups or just leave them.

all materials (textures) must be standard/single materials not multi/sub materials - you just load more textures in seperate slots and apply them rather than in a multi material id space.

Post by Guest »

I am almost sure that you don't know enough about uv-mapping. If you want to texture properly in a 3d engine there is no way around learning that. I would recommend Blender, cause it has LSCM mapping (wooaaah!), better and more tuts and a much more helpful community. But it can be done with max for sure.
the one that posted 2 up

Post by the one that posted 2 up »

If it is as guest above says (I was the poster answering you before) then it is worthy asking also have you applied either unwrap UV or UVmap modifiers in the meshes modifiers then collapsed them on the stack. This way your mesh has the texture co-ords it needs for the texture applied. If the problem is a single texture allover a multitextured mesh (in my3d) then it is as I originally posted - you can not put multimaterials on a single combined mesh - you have to split it up.
Ishtm

Post by Ishtm »

What is LSCM mapping?

Post by Guest »

use google lol
Ishtm

Post by Ishtm »

Lol
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »