Newton/Irrlicht FPS source code available

A forum to store posts deemed exceptionally wise and useful
CZestmyr

Post by CZestmyr »

Nice work man! I'll definitely take a look at it!
Bugfree is not a synonym to dumbass-resistant

My irrlicht files and tutorials
My music in mp3
dhenton9000

Post by dhenton9000 »

CZestmyr wrote:Nice work man! I'll definitely take a look at it!
Its been updated to include targets for the bullets. I was just looking at your path finding class, I hope to incorporate that into a version of this as well.
needforhint

Post by needforhint »

when trying to execute the binary from the release in my windows xp sp2, I get after "loaded mesh assets/liftplatforms.obj" an unhandled axception error ...
what is this thing...
dhenton9000

Post by dhenton9000 »

needforhint wrote:when trying to execute the binary from the release in my windows xp sp2, I get after "loaded mesh assets/liftplatforms.obj" an unhandled axception error ...
Of course I'll say the usual: "But it works on my machine!!" I'll look into it. I bet I have the file on my machine and never put it into the zip folder.

can't seem to find a problem here, alas.
JPulham

a glitch

Post by JPulham »

I love this one....My friend found a glitch and sent me this image, you can get outside the level using the force of the gun...:shock:
Stand at the top of the steps inside the corridoor and target the lava...hold fire and when u reach the end you go flying!!!
pushpork
dhenton9000

Post by dhenton9000 »

wow, I just love debug testers!!

Pretty cool, I'll give this a try!! My money says this must be tricky to reproduce. It should be interesting to find what the cause is.
Dark Logan

Post by Dark Logan »

Interesting code, but i'm quite new to this stuff, especially to irrlicht. So it would be great if you would make a tutorial out of this. If you are new it's hard to put all the single things you learnt together.
BTW thanks a lot the code helped me for my project :)