Lost in a sea of outdated text

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
previously_kaffeend

Lost in a sea of outdated text

Post by previously_kaffeend »

Hi, I'm not a coder, so I've been wasting the last days searching endlessly for a Graphical Editor to use for my project. I have had some leads, but unfortunately whenever someone provides a link to a downloadable version of an under-described editor, it's either not an editor at all, or a 404 error!

I get excited because I think "cool, finally someone has released something which I can actually USE", but then it's nothing... It doesn't exist. Maybe I could eventually find it, if I read every single post in every single thread on every single forum of every singloe tool etc...

Torque Engine, although it's not free, and it looks terrible, is the only solution that is readily available and provides documentation in clear, easy to understand language.

I really would have liked to try Captor's VisualEditor, but alas, it seems either I am having network problems, or Captor is. Either way, the project which has been in development for over a year now is not available when I follow the links from this forum.

*sigh*

Post by Guest »

A graphic editor, like GIMP? ww.gimp.org.... or like an IDE.... Because I would just shutup and just code, none of them are worth it... there slow and just not worth it...
Fhqwhgads

Post by Fhqwhgads »

Anonymous wrote:A graphic editor, like GIMP? ww.gimp.org.... or like an IDE.... Because I would just shutup and just code, none of them are worth it... there slow and just not worth it...

wtheck is that? "just shutup and code" no wonder irrlicht isn't being used that much, we have a wonderfully nice,loving,caring comunity *sighs*
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

he's talking about either a Graphical User Interface editor...

or an Irrlicht 3d scene editor...

I can help with one of those at the moment...you guess which one...

none of the 3d editors are complete enough to use atm learn how to code before expecting to build a game with a graphics engine.

free source projects get messy from an over worked community I suggest you wise up and learn what IRC and WIKI and learn to navagate even a poorly coilated forum... sry afecilus I know it's rough bro.

so to make a long story short at the absolute worst point in history to do so GET A CLUE!... try my msn link for poop sake.
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

oh and ps... wrong forum genius...

amongst other things...

but none the less we will help you... one of those ways...

I'm working on it... :roll: 8)
saigumi

Post by saigumi »

Moved to Help Forum
Crud, how do I do this again?