The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
dawasw

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Post by dawasw »

Next part of great Elder Scrolls genre will hit shelves on Monday.

www.theelderscrolls.com

Bethesda added some new stuff from the game, it's worth seeing (especially screenshots and the Draw Distance in the game)

As from the trailers and screenshots:

Graphics, physics, motives, size and gameplay of this game are breathtaking.

Are you also looking forward to Tes IV: Oblivion ?

PS System requirements look scary, but I think the game will react as Morrowind did - it can be run on the todays 'lowest' specs (around 1 ghz) (one guy from interviews told that - if it is true we are all not sure)
needforhint guestin'

Post by needforhint guestin' »

I am so hooked for it too...
MONDAY you say?
:o :o :o :o
I have seen the movie, the moving chain and droping picked up objects handled by physiques.... TES. I have finished blood moon and tribunal as well, then made myself soulgames of 50 000 capacity and got me an unchanted deadra shield and with skill of unchant and inteligence 23! I created at 23th resave an armor with constant efect of healing by 5pt... am I too concrete?
Eternl Knight

Post by Eternl Knight »

I heard that the chaini physics were removed due to it crashing on some machines... though I have no "official" link to back that up :(

--EK
Heizi

Post by Heizi »

yes Im also looking forward to this great game, although I
think it will affect my marks in a negative way....
spent really much hours for playing Morrowind...
boboS

Post by boboS »

Hmmm..I,ve looked over the screenshots and the game looks nice but....no shadows ?
As your ship is going down
ll stand by and watch you drown
Eternl Knight

Post by Eternl Knight »

There are plenty of shadows, and they're "soft shadows" too.

--EK
boboS

Post by boboS »

whoaaa...I didnt seen the video. It looks ...fantastic.....yea planty of shadows.
As your ship is going down
ll stand by and watch you drown
Quall

Post by Quall »

I believe this will be my third x360 title :)
Besides, my PC is way too crappy to play it.
dawasw

Post by dawasw »

Wow I see that you guys also love Tamriel world.

I remember how I was excited with TES II: Daggerfall many years ago - it was much more bigger than Morrowind and much more complex (thanks to that it had a lot of bugs unfortunately, people used to call the game 'Buggerfall'), but it was one of the best games I have ever player.
I guess many people remember these great dungeons with labirynts of corridors and passages. Or riding a horse...

After that I wanted to go back into the past and try out The Elder Scrolls I: Arena -> and I must say that it was incredible too.

When Morrowind came in 2002 I was shocked, game came like a storm when it was calm. Excellent graphics, wonderful gameplay , genious User Interface, interesting story - it was all there. Even the world's part of gameplay which was smaller than the one in Daggerfall was big enough to mee not to discover entire terrain of the island. Outstanding...

And finally Bethesda shown their newest Oblivion in 2005 to public, with screens, e3 presentation - breathtaking and spectacular.

I hope it will be as good as it gets on the in-game videos. ;)
MiNalien

Post by MiNalien »

Although I do believe the game is going to be excitingly beautiful, and I do have the Collector's Edition on Pre-order through EB Games (woohoo! :D), I try not to let myself get hyped about upcoming games (AOE 3 and Oblivion are exceptions to some degree, and AOE 3 delivered. Collectors Edition for that, too :D) since a lot of games have let down... Like Halo 2 >_>

Anyways, once this comes out, expect a full review of it (especially the construction set) on my site, VGMods.net (http://www.vgmods.net), :D
ErUs

Post by ErUs »

just pre-ordered my standard edition (im not greedy.... or a geek :P)

it comes on friday, 1 day after my stick of 512 ram comes. Bringing my system spec to:
AMD athlon 2800+
ATI Radeon 9800 pro 128
(2*512) Meg of RAM

lucky i dont mind playing the game with low settings...
dawasw

Post by dawasw »

Great, one day left and it will be everywhere (almost ;) ), can't wait until I will play it.
MiNalien

Post by MiNalien »

hells yeah, and I'm getting it tomorrow with my birthday money (this friday - 17 :D)
Maize

Post by Maize »

dawaws, it looks like your rpg kind of how everything is glowing. There is no way I would get it since Im still working through morrowind slowly. Also it would never run on my computer.
ErUs

Post by ErUs »

MiNalien - where in the world do you live? in UK we dont get it till friday :(