Extended gui version 0.2

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Rambus

Post by Rambus »

likewise, I can just toss the file up on one of my webservers- or if you want I offer free add-free webhosting, no strings attached:
http://www.g0dsoft.com/index.php?topic=17.0
Dark Rain

Post by Dark Rain »

Well, you know how it is. The old place is hosted on the server of the place I used to work at. I'm sure they'd be willing to let me still host there since it would probably help them to have me still extend irrlicht but the ethics of it are dubious.
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

Dark Rain,

As I said before I am the creator of Guice and I would very much like to use your gui elements in my program so that all may enjoy our projects combined.

Originally I requested that you join my cause but since you are obviously busy working with EA so this is my new offer.

I will combine your projects with your permission and include you in the Guice credits and host this for everyone aswell as hosting your project as a stand alone patch.

Also I will do the conversion from your patch to my Guice project entirly alone and still credit you for the work.
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

Oh btw I've already started converting it to 14.

I just have to dig up a copy of irr 12 to use as a reference.

seems to be mostly in the event reciever... enumerations removed in 14 is my assumtion.

looks like niko decided to trim down or else put gui on the back burner.

no telling.

EDIT::

nope my assumptions were incorrect these enumerations at least some of them already existed in their current positions... I've covered half the irrlicht code looking for a reason why they aren't properly initialized with absolutly no luck.

it runs much deeper it must... some sort of prototyping or function out of place... given enough time I'll get it sorted but some help here would be great.