Opportunities in China

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
taweili

Opportunities in China

Post by taweili »

Hi,

My company is marketing network game middleware in China. China's online games are becoming a pretty serious business and the market is growing rapidly. However, the country is in serious lack of game engineering talents right now.

Talking to Chinese game developers, we found that there are serious lack of game engineers in China and some of the perspective customers are asking us to source a game engine for them. Instead of going with more traditional commercial game engine vendors, we are interested in working with open source game engine developers.

If any Irrlicht developer is interested in exploring Chinese market, please contact me. Find my email and IM contact info on the contact icon below.

Thanks.

David Li
[dx/x]=HUNT3R

Post by [dx/x]=HUNT3R »

Are you hiring programmers for a company? If so, does this mean relocation to China or are you looking for remote contract work?
taweili

Post by taweili »

Are you hiring programmers for a company? If so, does this mean relocation to China or are you looking for remote contract work?
There are several possibilities: 1. Onsite consultants 2. contractors for feature development depending on the acceptance by the customers. There are several Chinese companies I am in contact with are looking for talent from oversea. I think it would be good to direct this to an open source project.