Legacy of The Damned - Death Fog Entertainment

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Death Fog Entertainment

Legacy of The Damned - Death Fog Entertainment

Post by Death Fog Entertainment »

We are a Game Development Studio from Romania. Our project's name is Legacy of The Damned. It is a massive Role Playing Game , in which you get the chance to control an evil character, take the command of the Cult of The Damned and take over the world. You will be able to use abilities that vary between Combat, Stealth and Magic, in order to bring hell on earth. You will be able to get involved into a non-linear story in which the player has the power and the world evolves based on your decisions.

The game is currently in a very early stage of development. A web-site will be created as soon as we will have something tangible.
chromdragon

Post by chromdragon »

Nice! (Interesant)
RustyNail

Post by RustyNail »

People gone Morrowind? :D
Morr Morrowind! :D
(At least that is what it sounds like from your description) :oops:
I have recently discovered that both the Flu and my Algebra teacher have exact the same effect on my health: it quickly degrades.
dawasw

Post by dawasw »

Hmm good idea for a single player game.

Hmm wouldn't it be better to make it single player ?

Because another 'great' mmo is being created lol.

I would understand if you wanted to make the game for yourself to prove that you have made it with your team - that's great.

But If you wish to make something really playable you would need a lot of people and time.

It is just, I for example play MuOnline for very long time (now on a private servers network with a global like settings) and game isn't boring because it's hack'n'slash. (and I like this type)

But when I see that WoW (played) Lineage (played) Guild Wars (played) it is all the same thing and common gameplay.

And the worst is there are many new mmos which are going to be fantasy titled. For example the LOTR: Shadow of Angmar oh how they call it now lol :P Ive seen vids from e3 and game looked EXACLY like a WoW copy.
Sorry guys but that sux. I think we need something revolutionary in mmo - maybe Huxley will change something in genre but it needs good adverts lol.

I must say that I love role playing games but I cant wait another great solo play game. Oblivion was great but yes it can be finished fast (with the mainquest and some additional stuff) but it gives a lot of fun. Online games give fun because you can talk with others. Like everyday on somekind messenger or something. It's good but hmm making another world in our world ? Huh... I think these games are going a bit too far sometimes.

And TOO BAD that I play Online game myself. You can become an addict fast. I regret a lot I even touched articles about WoW or have seen MuOnline for the first time because a friend let me know about the game.

Peace all! That above it's only my longer personal opinion, there will be many who won't agree and there will be few who will agree with my statement.

I say NO MORE fantasy mmorpg. Make game about world of ... Fallout ! That would rock. Even engine could be taken from WoW or something, artists would design some adult models of course anything. The idea is brilliant I think a Post Nuclear Massive Multiplayer Game and ir rocks. Finally something new - a return to the classic Black Isle's game.

May the weasels be with you.
GueZt_Coders

Post by GueZt_Coders »

Cool sounds like a mmo version of LEGACY OF CAIN :)
cant wait to see it in action. good luck.
Just part of irrlicht related project| CLEAR CODE NOTATIONS IS LARGELY SELF CODUMENTING!
Death Fog Entertainment

We are sorry for the confusion we created. However , in the first post we didn't state that the game is going to be a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. It is going to be a SINGLE PLAYER massive Action-RPG with a very complex and non-linear storyline.

And no, the game will not be like Morrowind. The only resemblance with Morrowind will consist in the stats system.

As we have said in our first post, we will keep you informed.
dawasw

Post by dawasw »

Lol that sounds great now!

But plz don't use Massive to often it looks like mmo XD (better use Big rpg because some people may be blind like me lol)
Death Fog Entertainment

By massive we meant complex, consistent, not necesarily big... although it's going to be pretty big.
andrei25ni

Post by andrei25ni »

yay, more coders from my country ! :lol:

good luck guys !
Death Fog Entertainment

We're sorry to announce that due to extremely limited financial capabilities and due to the Irrlicht limited (for now) capabilities we-re postponing the project and will eventually get it running on the Direct3D 10 API.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Ah, which limited capabilities. You mean wait until Irrlicht provides enough of a game engine that you need no code anymore?
Xaron

Post by Xaron »

I would be interested in that "limitations", too. Do you even have created some kind of tech demo? ;)

I wonder why every hobby coder has to use the latest DirectX10+? The most hobby coders don't even use all DirectX7 features. You can make a game with DirectX7 which looks better than a game with DirectX10. That depends mostly on your artists not on any engine. ;)

Regards - Xaron
stodge

Post by stodge »

Limited in that they found there was no "create massive game" button in IrrEdit.... :lol:

Irrlicht may be limited but any decent developer (i.e. not me! :wink: ) has the ability to overcome those limitations. Or use another engine but that's a Holy War I don't want to start.
Duncan Mac Leod

Post by Duncan Mac Leod »

Death Fog Entertainment wrote:We're sorry to announce that due to extremely limited financial capabilities and due to the Irrlicht limited (for now) capabilities we-re postponing the project and will eventually get it running on the Direct3D 10 API.
Why then not use another Engine (i.e. Ogre3D) ? Why wait for DX10?

You mentioned 'limited financial capabilities' - how then would you buy DX10 capable Hardware ??

...and WHY do you 'announce' a Project if you have to announce the delay of development start soon after..?

Very strange!
5kywalker

Post by 5kywalker »

Too bad we'll NEVER see this project finnished. If you didn't made it with Irrlicht you won't make it with the Direct3D 10. :roll: Another forgoten project... :(