what program was this website done in ?

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
juliusctw

Post by juliusctw »

just curious

i have seen other sites that have exactly the same interface,
herion

Post by herion »

You mean forum or home-page?

Forum is PhpBB subsilver style and it's avalible for free, so you can see many forums with the same layout...
juliusctw

I do see alot of similar style forums

Post by juliusctw »

I was curious, cus i see alot of forums with the same style, I don't have much experience with setting up php, are everything basically done for you with something like this? is it hard?

i'm in the process of "starting" to think about designing my site, i see this style of forum a lot, so the website and the forum used 2 different programs???? what was the website programmed in?
miko93

Post by miko93 »

juliusctw, I think there are 3 variations:

- the irrlicht forum, (using phpBB forum software, which is free)
- the sourceforge irrlicht pages (which seem to be done with a common html editor), like http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/
- niko's blog, using a "blog software package" (appearantly), called Pivot (http://www.pivotlog.net/)

To get familiar with all those website thingies :wink:, I'd propose you get yourself one of those cheapo-webspace accounts (like, "1 Domain and 5MB for 0.xx Euros/Dollars/whatever per month"). Then, play around with static html pages, just to get a feeling...

Starting with a phpBB forum right away seems difficult to me. Not for the installation, but for maintenance/updating. You'd maybe be a victim of those phpBB worms ("hacked by .....") soon, IMHO.
"Yessir, I'll be happy to make these unnecessary changes to this irrelevant document." (Dilbert)