2048 - Open source single-player FPS for Linux

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
messen

Post by messen »

Hi!

I use a hungarian specific distro, named UHUlinux with an ATI 9500. This is (i think) a debian based distro. I have no problems with Irrlicht at all on this.

Bye
Last edited by messen on Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
trunks14

Post by trunks14 »

gong gainst the flow...bad idea.
Not yet.
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

hybrid wrote:A major problem for Linux systems is 3d support. Although many distributions do quite a good job with updates you're still often forced to do it manually. And in both cases you'll need kernel sources, maybe precompiled modules etc.
Oh, and latest SVN works quite good with NVidia cards (if you have the latest drivers installed). I've also added xrandr support so even without XF86VidMode you can use fullscreen.
and you wonder why people think you're a funking moron.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

I think it's mostly you who might think so. But you're free to set up a poll on this, we'll see :lol:
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

Hybrid is not a moron. And Midnight is back :roll:
Finally making games again!
http://www.konekogames.com
stodge

Post by stodge »

hybrid wrote:A major problem for Linux systems is 3d support. Although many distributions do quite a good job with updates you're still often forced to do it manually. And in both cases you'll need kernel sources, maybe precompiled modules etc.
This certainly isn't true for Ubuntu or Fedora. Both of these distros let you install NVIDIA drivers through a GUI. You don't need to worry about installing kernel sources yourself.